Chapter 3 ~

Luke's P.O.V

I happily walked out of Ashton's house- not exactly happy that I had to leave him alone, but happy that he was okay. He got bruised up pretty bad, I'm just glad I got to him on time before he completely left. Although he was out for about three hours. I knew he wasn't dead, and that there weren't any BIG injuries, but he'll have some bruises. Which I'm still not happy about

I wonder if he sees me as an enemy, I don't want him too. Because I am far from that, sometimes I wish people would get to know me before assuming that i'm a bitch just because i'm a popular kid. Fuck I didn't want to be popular in the first place, we're all equal. We shouldn't be labeled.

I realized I was still standing outside his door, and snapped my head up to look at his window, phew, he wasn't looking. I took out my car keys and jogged to my car I took a look at Ashton's window, before sighing, and getting in.

I turned up the radio thinking it was too quiet. You by the 1975 came on, right when I drove into a tunnel. I like this kind of music while I'm driving, at night. It makes me feel free, and calm. It takes away my mind from the real world.

A shiver of relief ran up my body. My fathers car wasn't in the driveway so he wasn't home yet. I turned off my car, and locked it running to my door. I unlocked the door, and ran up to my room. I showered, humming along to If These Sheets Were States by All Time Low.

I changed into sweats and a bro-tank. I did all of my homework, re-checking it twice. Call me a nerd, but I like getting good grades. I am one, but I definitely don't look like one. I put everything away, and prepared my outfit for the next morning. I turned off the lights, and jumped into my bed. And I hid under the comfortable covers.

Who am I to Ashton?

Should I speak to him often?

Should I hang out with him?

Should I speak to him

I winced, remembering of the scars on his wrists. He's beautiful, he just doesn't know it. He shouldn't be ashamed of who he is, really. I shouldn't be either.

All these thoughts ran through my head; making my eyes heavier by the minute.

I'm going to speak to Ashton more.

And make him feel like if he really deserves to be alive.

[Next Morning]

I shot up in bed. Not because of a nightmare, but because I'm used to waking up early. I rubbed the blur-ness of my eyes away and slung my legs to the side of the bed. I yawned, and got up, walking towards my closet.

I decided I'd dress like myself today, and chose a Green Day t-shirt, and some ripped jeans. I grabbed my black vans and slipped them on. I checked the time and saw that it was six thirty. The ride there takes forty minutes so I would only have ten minutes to talk to Ashton. I quickly slipped on a grey beanie, not wanting to waste precious time.

I yanked my backpack off the chair, grabbed my keys and phone, and practically ran out of the house. Not bothering to eat breakfast. I'll buy a cookie in the schools bending machine.

(ITS SUPPOSED TO BE VENDING OMFG I MADE A MISTAKE BUT IM LAUGHING SO HARD)

I jammed out to Alone by Sleeping with Sirens, occasionally banging my head as if I were a rockstar and tapping my hands on the steering wheel.

I parked my car on my usual spot, next to the populars. I grabbed my backpack and locked my car. I noticed Ashton talking with Niall. Ashton laughed loudly, when Niall said something.

I got insanely jealous. He's not even mine but it hurts when someone else makes the one you like laugh.

I took a long breathe, and headed towards their direction.

"And he was like- " Niall stopped talking and looked at me as if I had two heads.

"Uh Hey" I said trying to clear the awkward tension

"Hey" Niall replied, nudging Ashton on the side.

"H-hi" He stuttered. I smiled back at them. Oh god, it's so awkward. I should just leave. Just when I was about to go, Liam came by. I smirked to myself knowing he had a crush on Niall.

"Morning Luke, Ashton, and Niall" He smiled.

"Morning" I replied.

"Hey" Ashton smilled back.

"H-hi" Niall stuttered, turning a crimson shade of red.

Just then the bell rang. We had english first period, Ashton and I, I mean. I headed towards the doors, leaving Liam and Niall talk a bit. I turned around and saw Ashton walking alone. With his head down. I debated on going up to him- but he might give me the cold shoulder. Or if I should go up to him and try to, you know, ask if we can be friends. I decided that I'd go up to him, knowing we had the english project together.

"Uh hey again" I smiled at him.

"Hey" He said.

"Did I do anything wrong? Because whatever it is. I can try to fix it"

"Luke Hemmings? Being nice to me?"

What is up with him, I took him back home yesterday. Can't he see that I'm actually trying to be nice to him.

"Of course, why wouldn't I be?"

"Forget it"

And with that he walked away, leaving me dumbfounded for words. I was still standing there in the empty hallway wondering what all that was about. Like seriously. What did I do? I really don't know what, but I'm going to figure it out. Whatever it takes, I'll do it. I don't want him to be mad about something I did. I'm willing to fix whatever I did, even if it means skipping classes just to get him to tell me what's up.