Chapter 20

Luke's P.O.V

As we walked down the hallways, we got weird stares. There were some kids that smiled at us, others just stared in disbelief. I smirked, yep, I wasn't going for any of you sluts in school, I was going for the beautiful person next to me.

The warning bell rang indicating we should start walking to our classes. Bruce walked by snickering, Ashton flinched even though I was right next to him.

"Hey Bruce?!" I yelled silencing the hallway. Amazing what popularity can do, but it also fucks your life.

"Yes faggot?" He answered 'politely'

"I'd like to see you at lunch. Bring your buddies with you" I smiled and gave Ashton a firm squeeze of his hand. He only gave me a scared look.

"Luke I don't want you to get hurt"

"I'm not going to get hurt" I reassured him. "Now lets get to your class before you get a detention"

"What about you?"

"I care about you more than me, lets go" I smiled at him, which he gladly returned. I took him to homeroom, and just stayed in the hallways. I'm not really in the mood to learn anything. My dad isn't home anyways, he doesn't even care about me. Why should I even fucking try to get good grades if he won't even care.

Your mum does

You just have to do this for mum. You can't be a failure because of your dad.

Why the fuck am I thinking about this. Why now? Why when I'm surrounded by people? Im so fucking stupid.

[ lunch ]

"Luke?" Bruce asked me, as he walked over to me.

I was leaning against the wall, inside the cafeteria. With my arms crossed over my chest, a smug look on my face. I just need piercings and some tattoos and I could be the schools bad boy.

"I heard you were bullying Ashton" I said walking over to him as we met halfway.

"Yeah I was. Why do you give a shit?" He asked louder gathering everyone's attention.

"Because he's my boyfriend you shithead"

"Since when did you become a faggot?"

I pushed him. I'm tired of his bullshitting attitude.

"Oh you want to play that game?" He asked.

"LUKE!" Ashton yelled running over to us.

"What?" I asked bitterly as I stared at Bruce.

"Don't do this" He whispered with pleadingly eyes.

"Babe. I'm doing it for us, and for every person who likes someone the same gender as them. No one needs to get bullied because of their sexuality"

"Luke-" He was cut off by Bruce throwing a punch at me. I grabbed my jaw in pain, but stood up. I wasn't going to let him get to me.

I clenched my fists, until my knuckles were white and my fingers were digging into the palm of my hands.
I threw myself at him, punching him in the face repeatedly, he was on the floor now, blood spilling out from his busted lip and eyebrow. I pulled him by his collar so that he was staring at me right in the face.

"If you ever bully Ashton- or anyone who likes the same gender I will come after your ass and beat the shit out of you. Don't fucking mess with people for their sexuality" I whispered right into his face I kneed him making him fall to the ground.

"Luke?" Some girl asked.

"Yeah?" I said as I stared at Bruce's friends take him away.

"Why are you still dating that faggot. You could've had me for all I know" She said twirling her hair in her finger while glaring at Ashton.

Ashton just shied away, and looked towards the floor.

"Fuck you. I'm with him because I like him and he makes me feel wonderful. Every girl that's like you, only ever wants to fuck. He's the only person I've ever kissed. If someone has ever heard, oh I hooked up with Luke Hemmings, it's a fucking lie. Bye" I said as I grabbed Ashtons hand and dragged him towards the parking lot.

"We can't just ditch school!" Ashton protested.

"C'mon Ash. I'm tired just tell your mum you weren't feeling well. Please?"

"Fine whatever" He said as he entered the car and looked out of the window. Bruce and his friends were outside puffing smoke.

"Luke?"

Today is the third time I've hear my name being asked in a question. But coming from Ashton it was wonderful.

"Yeah?"

"Promise me one thing"

"What is that?" I asked staring at him seriously.

"That you'll never do drugs. Even if we aren't together, just promise me that"

"I promise" I said and he unexpectedly gave me a kiss on the cheek. Even that made the butterflies in my stomach explode.

I started the car, and drove all the way to Ashton's house.

We arrived, leaving our backpacks in the trunks. We didn't stay long enough at school to get any homework.

Ashton opened the door to his house with my arms wrapped around his waist and my head in his neck.

"What are we going to do?" Ashton asked as he locked the door behind us.

"Bake cookies!" I yelled running to the kitchen, with Ashton laughing behind me.

"Fine" He said as he grabbed the flour, sugar, and egg. I grabbed the chocolate chips, and the mixer.

We cleaned our hands and I put on the apron, it matched my beanie- or Ashton's beanie which was red.

"Lets get started!" I yelled.

"Not just yet" He said as he plugged his iPod into the dock, Best Day of My Life by American Authors started playing.

"Can we get started now?" I asked. He nodded. We poured the water into the mixing bowl, and started mixing it with the ingredients. We rolled them into balls, and put them on pans and set them for 25 minutes.

"Hey Ashton" I said as I took ahold of an egg. I quickly took off his beanie. He turned around and I smashed it on his head.

"You dickhead!" He shouted as he grabbed flour and threw it at me. I laughed as I grabbed some flour and threw it at him, which landed right on his face. He looked so adorable.

He threw water at me, I threw chocolate chips and dough at him.

He grabbed an egg, and smashed it on my hair. I gasped and ran after him, as we circled the kitchen table.

"I'm getting you for that!" I yelled as I chased him to where the cabinets were. He was trapped and I threw myself at him, and tickled him. He slid down the the floor, and laughed gasping for air simultaneously.

"Luke, Luke stop it!" He laughed louder. Bloom by The Paper Kites was playing in the background now.

I sat down next to him, and grabbed him so that he was straddling my waist. I brought our faces together, and kissed him.

"I love you" I said without thinking. Ashton had a look of surprise on his face, and replaced it with a huge grin. He kissed me back, and I took my phone out in the process quickly taking a picture of us, and continued kissing him.

"I love you too" He said back as he leaned or foreheads together, grins on our faces. I took another picture of us, this time we weren't kissing.

We sat on the kitchen floor, powder faced, eggs in our clothes and hair making us wreak, water making my clothes stick to me, chunks of dough stuck to us. And we still said I love you to each other.

You've got me love drunk but I'm sober.

We cleaned the kitchen while dancing along to indie love songs. We fooled around with weird dance moves, if you can call them that. It was all about enjoying the moment right now. Just because we said our I love yous doesn't mean we were going to have sex right then and there.

I enjoyed today. Standing up for Ashton and other homosexual companions. Cooking cookies with Ash, getting into a food fight, tickling him, telling him I love him and him saying it back. Dancing and fooling around to indie music. Today was a day I'd treasure forever.

"Lets get cleaned up" Ashton said as he grabbed my hand and led me to the bathroom.

I took off my shirt and put it under the sink letting it get soaked in water while Ashton showered. He got out and let me shower. I wrapped a towel around my chest and the other around my hair like a woman.

"Honey! Where's the hair dryer!" I emphasized my mum talking to my dad.

"What?" Ashton asked confused from down the hallway. I heard his feet padding along the tiled floor and enter the bathroom. He doubled over in laughter as he saw me, making me laugh with him.

"Wow you make a good looking woman" He laughed.

"Amirite?" I laughed also "Now shoo, I have to change"

He gladly walked out and probably walked down towards the kitchen. I changed quickly into some sweats and a black Pierce The Veil crew-neck. My hair was dry and flat. I felt comfortable. Yes I don't have any boxers under my sweats because its more comfortable.

I put my clothes into the dirty clothes bin, and walked towards the kitchen. I smelled the cookies.

Ashton was working on taking them out, I grabbed plates and two cups. And a tray, like when you get breakfast in bed.

"The cookies smell good" I smiled rubbing my hands.

"They do don't they. I think we make a pretty good team"

"Yeah so do I" I smiled as I walked over to him, and wrapped my arms around his waist. He stood on his tippy toes to try to kiss me.

"You're so cute" I said as I booped his nose, which made him scrunch it up making him look adorable.

"Go choose a movie Lucas"

"Where are we going to watch it? The lounge room or your room?"

"Lounge"

I stalked my way over to the lounge room and picked out The Perks Of Being a Wallflower.

I ran up the stairs and grabbed a blanket, I came back down to see Ashton putting the movie in. I turned off the lights and walked over to the couch, Ashton sat next to me nudging his head into my neck and I wrapped my arm around him. We were both comfortable, with sweats and sweaters.

"Are you wearing my sweater?" I asked indicating to my navy blue drop dead crew neck.

"Yeah. It's comfortable and it's yours" I could hear the smile on his face. I kissed his head and grabbed a cookie.

"Brad is such a dick" Ashton cried into my shoulder.

"Yeah I know. But it isn't his fault it's his fathers, he won't let him be with Patrick" I said rubbing his back.

"But Brad doesn't have to call him a faggot! He could've just stayed quiet! Patrick is obviously still in love with him, and maybe is Brad. But he's being a dick. He's choosing his fathers side. But his father is a dick too for beating the crap out of him"

"Yeah" I said realizing, that Brad and I were alike. Our fathers were both homophobic and we were both gay. I hope my father doesn't beat me.

The movie ended, with a sleeping Ashton next to me, his cheeks stained with salty tears. I kissed his head and wrapped my arms around him.

He has his head lying on my side, and his legs were curled up on the couch, with his knees touching my thighs. His hands were clasped together In front of his face. He looked so cute. Everything about him is so cute. I can't believe I ended up with such a beautiful being.

They said their I love yous I'm crying bc I want a relationship like this even though this is fanfiction.

Thank you for all the votes and 11K reads! And please keep commenting! I love all the comments I get!