Chapter 44

Ashton's P.O.V

"Hey Caspar!" Liam faked a smile as we stood on his front steps.

"Hiya Liam!"

Liam smiled back, and then stared at him indicating that he could leave now. But Caspar didn't get the hint.

"Uh Caspar. I need to talk to Ashton, he could um, talk to you tomorrow.... Or not bye" He said pulling me inside and slamming the door before Caspar could reply.

"What's your problem?!" I yelled, not so angrily, while fixing my shirt.

"My problem is Caspar! He's a player Ash, I don't want you hanging out near him. And, you have a boyfriend. Caspar won't listen to you, he will do whatever he wants to do with you. I don't want that to happen"

"Liam, thank you a lot, but I think I can take care of myself. He won't do anything to me, I won't allow it. But if it makes you happy, I won't hang out with him outside of school"

"Thank you!" He sighed hugging me.

"Yeah yeah"

"What do you think Luke would say?"

"About what?"

"You hanging out with another guy!"

"Oh. I don't know he'd be pretty mad. Or jealous. Either way, I love him too much, I wouldn't do anything to make us break up. I'd die"

"You're a good lad. You guys are both very lucky to have each other"

"Thanks. What's going on with you and Niall?" I asked as he led us up the stairs to his room.

"Uh... I don't know"

Speaking about Niall I haven't texted him, and he hasn't texted me. Weird.

"What do you mean you don't know?" I said sitting on his chair.

"I don't know. I finally told him I love him-"

"Took you long enough"

"Whatever. And I don't know, he looked shocked, but he didn't say anything back... He probably hates me because he hasn't even texted me!"

"He hasn't texted me either. I'll talk to him don't worry"

"Really? You're the best Ashton I swear"

"Thank you" I said flipping my invisible long hair.

"So, where's Luke?"

"I told you he's on vacation"

"I'm his best mate, why isn't he telling me where he is. Why isn't he texting anyone? Has he texted you?"

"No... But we talk"

"You talk? Like, you get to hear his voice?! He's been long for so long I don't even know what he looks like"

"Calm down Liam, it's only been like what, a month that you haven't seen him?"

"What do you mean by you, you haven't seen him either" He said suspiciously.

Damn.

"You're right. Thanks for correcting me"

"Tell me the truth. Where is he?"

"He's on vacation dammit! Why is it so hard for you to believe"

"Because. He would be facetiming you, or he'd be constantly texting you. Or he'd be speaking on the phone with me right now, speaking about you. But he hasn't called or emailed! Not even through text! The last time I saw him, we were in an argument, and he was in bad shape emotionally. He didn't look healthy, he didn't look like Luke, and he wasn't acting like Luke. He quit the football team. He ditched class. And he smelled of cigarettes and beer. I'm worried Ashton" Liam said almost in tears.

"Don't worry Liam. He's getting better... There's something I need to tell you, but you can't say anything to anyone. Not even Michael, Calum or Niall. Hell! Not even your own diary!"

"I promise. What is it?"

"Luke's in a mental facility" I whispered.

It took five minutes for him to let that sink in. He looked confused, mad, worried and sad, all at the same time.

"Why didn't you tell me this sooner!" He whisper-yelled.

"He didn't want anyone to know. He didn't even want me to know and I'm his boyfriend"

"Is he okay? Where is he staying at? Is he getting better?"

"Yeah he's okay, Collin Ridges Mental Facility, and I think he is getting better. I'm not allowed to see him for two weeks" I sighed, rolling my eyes at the last statement.

"Did you guys have loud sex in front of the cameras?"

"No" I glared "I might've stayed the night..."

"Wow smooth. Can you drive me there? I would like to see him"

"Yeah sure. Let's go buy him pizza. He made a new friend and his name is also Luke. It'd be funny if this Luke dude was gay and was dating a guy named Ashton"

"It'd also be creepy. Calm down Ash. Let's go!"

He jumped up like a little kid excited on Christmas, and ran down the stairs.

"Ash! I don't have all day!"

I laughed as he handed me his keys. We both walked to his driveway and entered the car.

"Liam? Can you tell Luke that I already miss him?"

"Sure. Promise me you'll pick me up when I call?"

"Promise"

"Okay. Here goes nothing" He sighed, entering the facility. I hope Luke doesn't get mad, at both Liam and myself.

Now to talk to Niall.

-

(Not edited btw)

What did you guys think about this chapter? Ive been really crappy at writing, and I blame school 😬

For some reason I think The Only Reason is about Camila Cabello...? Idek but I do 😬