Chapter 5

"Soul, we need to be careful." Maka said, still worried. "Right!" Soul said, determined, but a little bit of shakiness in his voice. As Maka started fighting, some of the soldiers were making very close shots at her. Then, out of nowhere, they all stopped and ran back to Medusa. They turned around. Maka and Soul both saw Professor Stine and Maka's dad, Death Sythe (Maka didn't care for him much). "What are you doing here?" Soul asked. "Lord Death didn't know that Medusa was going to be here. He thought it was just going to be Crona and some guards. So he sent us here, but you will still be rewarded with all the souls that we collect." Stine said, though Maka wasn't listening to him much, because she saw Crona was coming to her! Professor Stine tried to help, but all the guards surrounded him, plus Witch Medusa looked like she was going to be next. Maka was struggling with Crona. Every time she would hit him, his blood would harden. Besides, Crona had a weapon inside of him, which made it ten times harder then without the weapon inside him. "Soul! What are we gonna do? I can't attack him, I don't know how do use my soul wavelength on him, and Professor Stine is stuck with Medusa." Soul appeared in his sythe form and said,"I don't know. Let's try to hold him off until Stine can come back and help us."