Chapter 22

It had been a week since Maka had passed. Soul stayed in his room. He didn't let anyone come, not even Black Star or Kid. He didn't know what to do. "Why?" He kept asking himself. "Why did she do it?" He wanted to stay in his room forever, but he couldn't. He had to be at Maka's funeral in a hour. He went ahead and ate some food before he got dressed. When he was done getting dressed, he headed out. When he got there, there was two seats with names on them. One of them had his name. The other had Maka's. The entire time, Soul just kept thinking about her. After the funeral, Kid and Black Star tried to talk to him. "Are you ok?" Soul looked up at them. He had a face of anger. "Of course I'm not ok. My meister it gone. The one I loved is gone." Black Star went to Soul and tried to hug him, but Soul just pushed him away. "Kid, Black Star? Goodbye." Black Star and Kid looked at him with shock. They already knew what might happen. "Soul stop!" He didn't listen. Soul just kept walking. When he got home, he put his old cloths on and sat down to write a note. When he was done, he walked away to the kitchen. He grabbed the phone and called everyone and said "goodbye."

Soul was later found dead on his living room floor. Next to him was a note that said,"To whoever is reading this, please tell everyone I died happy. I died happy because I am now with my love, Maka Albarn. We wish everyone good luck with their soul hunting. Well... This is it then. Bye." On the note was a wet spot. It was a tear.