Chapter 18

Soul didn't know what to do. Maka was still in surgery, and he was all alone locked up in some white room. Soul heard footsteps by the door. Opening the door was a short lady, looked like she was in her mid twenties. "Soul Evans, correct? A doctor sent me to come get you. He would like to see you." Soul got up and walked slowly to the nurse. She grabbed his wrist tightly and sort of pulled him quickly to the room the other doctor was in. "Hey, what's the big idea? Why are you rushing so much?" "You will understand when you see her." Soul stopped completly. "What happened to Maka?" He said with a low growl. "That is for you to find out." When the finally got to the other doctor, the nurse left and closed the door. "The surgery was ok. But there is something that might make you and her change alot. All the black blood made a very weird reaction inside of her." "What do you mean?" Soul was being very polite, but in his head he already would have broken a bone or two, or even killed him. "As we were doing the surgery, we noticed a blade inside of Maka. The only explanation of that is..." Soul couldn't believe it. "She must be a weapon. But how?" "The blade inside of her apeared to be black. That means the blade is made of the black blood." Soul had to sit down and think. "This is what Medusa meant by 'kill her from the inside.' She made the blade inside of Maka to kill her." His thoughts went around his head for a while. After a little bit, he went ahead and fell asleep in the hostpital chair.