Chapter 19

"Soul? What's going on?" Soul heard Maka's voice and woke up. She was awake. "Oh Maka! I'm so sorry! For everything!" Maka looked confused. "What's going on, Soul?" Those words kept ringing in his ears. "It's time I tell you. During your surgery, the doctors found a blade inside of you. The black blood in you has created that blade. I had a dream about Medusa saying she would make the black blood kill you from the inside out. This must be what she meant." Maka looked down. She grabbed Soul's hand. He stopped and looked at her. They stared to lean in. But before they kissed," Maka. Stop. I can't. Doing this will only make you worse." Maka didn't care. They still kissed. When they pulled away, Soul asked why she did that. "I did that because I don't care if I get worse. It's worth it to be able to kiss you." Soul started to tear up. At the same time, he started to grin. He then leaned in again, but before he could kiss Maka again, there was a loud thud. Soul looked out Maka's window to see what had happened. When he looked out, he saw the reason that he was here in the first place. Crona was outside killing everyone. "What's going on Soul?" "Stay here." Soul gave Maka a kiss on the cheek and jumped out the window, breaking all the glass and making some of it hit Maka. When he landed, Crona said," Your so stupid. You can't fight by yourself. You need a meister." Soul didn't care. "Oh well then."