Chapter 6: Friends?

Date – January 24th 3035

Time – 6:01am

System – Outer Rim system Alpha

Planet – -unknown-

Location – -Mountain Range-

Status – 6 days of food, Unlimited water

Justin and Addis did a few scans around the clearing they called home. Oak, Birch, Cottonwood, Ash, many Earth like trees scattered the landscape but answers were lacking. Why were they here and how did they get here?

Nevertheless, they didn't pay much attention to this accept for Justin who kept the thought in the back of his mind.

With such an early morning today, Jamal and Covy wanted to start using the abundance of iron around them. Covy and Justin sat together outside talking about using the iron in the best way possible.

"I still don't see the big point of something like a smelter Covy." Justin said taking a bite of the 'muffin'. "Don't you think that's like a waste of time sort of?"

"Justin, you know me, I could fabricate anything! If you guys give me the stuff then I'll make tech to actually get us out of here." Covy threw her hands in the air and slapped them back down to her thighs to show she really wanted this.

Justin hummed to himself as he held onto the handle of his sword looking to the sky. "It just seems like an investment I'm not interested in right now. Tell you what, make the plans and write a blue print and then we'll start on it." Covy nodded and ran back into the cave.

Its come to Justin's attention that everyone had ideas. Really good ideas to but Justin still didn't know which they should capitalize on first. So far, for the entire 'compound', Justin and Jamal have just planned for a watch tower for the north mountain and walls for the east and west openings.

Covy wanted to use the large amount of iron to start making machines. Although there must be a whole lot more stuff that she needed Covy could really make almost anything if you gave her the time and the stuff to do them.

Addis wanted to go find the Dauntless to scavenge for useful stuff. It could help Covy out but they had no idea where the Dauntless is, how they could find it or if anyone else already found it.

Manlin and Jamal were more worried about the food situation. They wanted to go hunting but Justin wasn't sure if the animals would be that easy to hunt. Then, they were running low on ammunition so they would have to find alternate ways to conserve ammo for something trying to fight back.

It was practically the end of the day and everyone was on leisure time. Today, everyone was basically on tree cutting duty to get more wood for construction. Hacking, slashing and getting more and more comfortable with the blade Justin spent his leisure time practicing on a tree.

He was sweating from all of the exercise. Addis and Covy were having a conversation by the entrance of the cave as Manlin was trying to start a fire. Jamal wanted some free time by himself and went to the top of the mountain to watch the stars.

"Justin is really...getting comfortable with that blade." Addis was becoming to impressed with Justin. He picked up the another sword. Now dual wielding, he was flipping and doing fancy tricks with the swords no master could even do.

"Wanna call Jamal so he could come down here and practice with him? It would be funny to see the two titans go at it." Covy said and Addis chuckled at the comment.

A sound broke out. A few bangs and a roaring sound caught everyone's attention. Addis, Covy and Manlin shot up while Justin ran towards them. "Get your weapons!" He shouted and they scampered for their guns and swords.