Chapter 15: The Fruit?

Date – February 29th 3035

Time – 1:02pm

System – Outer Rim System Alpha

Planet – Unnamed

Location – HeartPool

Status – All but good conditions.

Justin shot up from sleeping. He was in a bad state, bandaged and aching he tried to stand but it cost him a lot of pain. He was inside his room, next to him laid Zilo, still knocked out.

"Addis?" Justin called out. Not too long after Addis walked inside with her gun slung over her shoulder.

"Hey, you okay?" She asked and gave him a hug. He cringed from the pain it caused and she quickly backed off. "Shit! Sorry, you okay?"

"I'm fine...where's everyone else?" Addis averted her eyes to the ground.

"Well, Zilo's right there. I'm here. Brent's in the workshop, Amber's looting the bodies for guns and everyone else is either...dead, unconscious or captured. Jamie hasn't woken up yet and neither has Athena but...how the hell are we supposed to tell Jamie his big brother died? The little guy doesn't have any more family."

Zilo was starting to wake up. Glad to see him functioning, Addis picked him up and gave him a quick hug. Justin lead them both to the workshop to find out what Brent was doing.

Inside, Brent was feverishly stuffing lethal items inside a bag with his gun over his shoulder. Justin watched him for a moment thinking to himself that Brent had gone mad. Zilo, of course, stepped forward.

"What the hell are you doing?" He asked with a malicious tone of voice. Brent snapped his neck to give Zilo a death glare.

"I have no time for your crap Zilo. Get out of my way or I'll beat you out of it!"

"I'll like to see you try you bastard." Brent tried to walk past but Zilo got right in Brent's face. On his last string of sanity, Brent broke and he slammed his fist into Zilo's face.

Zilo staggered and punched back. Brent held his jaw wincing in pain but his hatred for Zilo out weighed the pain. He threw himself on top of Zilo and they began an all out brawl. Throwing punches, jabbing and kneeing each other as Addis and Justin watched.

They ended up on the ground fighting for the upper hand by holding each other's necks and rolling like they were about to kill each other and, in all fairness, they probably would have if Addis and Justin didn't step in.

Justin pulled Zilo off and held him in a headlock as Addis simply stepped on Brent's chest to keep him down.

Zilo kicked and struggled but Justin grew tried of it and threw him into the corner toppling over some machines and hardware. "Look at you two! Look how stupid you look! You're trying to kill each other?! And for what?!"

Justin looked over to Brent. "What? you think you can save her by yourself? Do you even know where you're going?!" Brent submitted, Justin was right.

"And you!" he shouted at Zilo. "You think killing him is gonna make a difference?! We stick together or we'll die. End of story.

Amber walked in. "What the hell is going on?" she asked a bit frustrated.

"What's going on? I'll tell you what's going on. My team is dead, at least the people who I care for are." Amber was a bit shocked at Zilo's comment. Being apart of the team for such a long time she thought she and Zilo were friends.

"But...I'm apart of the team."

"I meant what I said." this time it hit Amber right where it hurt. She stepped back from the jeer and stayed quiet.