Chapter 10: The Federation

Date – Error detected...scanning...running diagnostics...damaged readings detected...please adjust readings from hyper computer to run a restart.

Time – Error detected...scanning...running diagnostics...damaged readings detected...please adjust readings from hyper computer to run a restart.

System – Outer Rim system Alpha

Planet – Planet unnamed

Location – -North of Heartpool-

Status – Scraps remaining

Justin and Jaden were taking their time moving away from Heartpool as they examined everything they saw out of the ordinary and made their map as they went along. To many times they saw different formations of rock such as marble and granite just poking out of the ground.

Many times they saw small animals like a rabbit and had to hunt it to bring something back home. Now, in the dead of night, they only had two rabbits so far. Which was impressive seeing that they were hunting in the pitch darkness.

"So." Justin said as they continued walking through the thick grass. Jaden waited for the rest of the sentence but it never came.

"So?" He asked.

"When do you think the WUC will figure out we're here?" Justin assumed so much that the princess was now with them. The WUC couldn't have one of their political figures go missing and find them.

"Who says they'll come looking for us? We didn't tell them where we were going. We didn't even tell them that Chandi knew how to fly spacecraft. They have no idea where we are." Justin sighed.

"That would be too easy huh?"

"Yeah, way to easy mate."

They continued moving through the forest. Passing the thick grass they began hearing noises not from nature. They crouched and listened to the sound passing them by. Footsteps, metallic footsteps.

Justin and Jaden resisted the urge to get up and call out for help but they stayed down trying to look through the grass. They pushed pass some and kept quiet. They saw two jeeps painted dark black and gray.

They lit of the trail in front of three men wearing thick, plated, dark gray armor with orange visors covering their faces completely. Two plates were tightly put together over the upper chest, the abs were covered with individual plates and down the back of the men were small hexagon shaped plates going down the spine covering it completely. They were covered from head to toe with this armor.

The only areas weren't covered by the plates were areas for movement around the joints, under the arms, around the neck covered by a black mesh that seemed to stretch with the user's movement. The helmet covered the back of the head and was connected to the rest of the suit.

They even carried weapons. They weren't very bulky but they were a bit larger than the carbine. It had an area underneath the barrel for some reason holding a laser at the end. Its purpose was unknown.

"I don't think these are the tribes people we've seen before. Either that, or they had a serious upgrade." Justin made Jaden quietly follow him. With guns raised they came out into the trail.

"Follow my lead." Justin whispered and he held his carbine behind him, then he called out. "Hey!"

The convoy stopped, the three men aimed and stood their ground. "Who are you? State your business." On their shoulders, a black emblem was placed on the shoulder. It was an 'F' with wings on the F inside of an orange shield.