Chapter 11: False Light

Date – Error detected...scanning...running diagnostics...damaged readings detected...please adjust readings from hyper computer to run a restart.

Time – Error detected...scanning...running diagnostics...damaged readings detected...please adjust readings from hyper computer to run a restart.

System – Error detected...scanning...running diagnostics...damaged readings detected...please adjust readings from hyper computer to run a restart.

Planet – Error detected...scanning...running diagnostics...damaged readings detected...please adjust readings from hyper computer to run a restart.

Location – Error detected...scanning...running diagnostics...damaged readings detected...please adjust readings from hyper computer to run a restart.

Status – Error detected...scanning...running diagnostics...damaged readings detected...please adjust readings from hyper computer to run a restart.

System malfunction...running diagnostics...scanning...scan failed...error detected...please run manual scan. Error 7492. Overloaded files must be e%*$*^@#$%

Our last group stumbled upon a swamp. They couldn't quite get around it so they had to wade through the damp forest and marsh. After walking through the swamp till they couldn't anymore they took a much needed break.

Addis stared at the moving water below her knowing she had to bring some food when they were coming home and they haven't found anything yet. She's been looking at the water for a whole minute now barely taking a second to blink.

She didn't take her eye off the rippling water and tightly held her spear she crafted a few hours ago. She licked her lips with utmost concentration plastered all over her face then threw it. The pole stood out of the water and a few drops of blood floated up to the surface of the water.

"Gotcha..." Pulling the spear out of the water slowly revealed that she hit a fish dead center on the side. It struggled to get off the spear but it was already dead basically and Addis had no resentment. So far she's only been eating 'muffins' but she actually needs real meat now. Well...not real meat.

Addis is actually a pescatarian, eating only fish really meant Addis could easily lack a lot of protein if she isn't careful and staying on her meal plan won't be easy on this world. Its not as if she wouldn't change if she could, she gets sick even if she eats red meats like from cows and pigs.

She smiled knowing the fish would provide her with some much needed nutrients but then she heard Zilo snore. Addis' scouting party were all camping out in a tree and Zilo was a bit more comfortable than he expected falling asleep after a few minutes.

Chandi was surprisingly not complaining. She was a little irritated with the bugs but otherwise she was fine and dandy sharpening a spear Addis had put together for her. Now, with it finally sharp enough for the princess' standards, she smiled at Addis.

"That's amazing...hopefully I could do that."

"Course you can," Addis said before Zilo snored again. "If Zilo would stop scaring the fish off." Chandi chuckled to herself and saw a reflection of light on the water. Her eyes followed the light back further into the forest seeing just a bit of light out in the trees.

Chandi tapped Addis and pointed over to the light. It was dimly lit but you could see it easily. It was moving away from them very slowly though and Addis didn't think it would've been a good idea to pursue it.

"It could be a person. Someone who could help, someone who needs help. Come on Addis. If its quite true that we're the good people on this planet we can't just let people walk by without at least asking if they're friendly or not." Addis sighed at the princess' opinion and nodded.