Breaking These Walls~Chapter Sixty Three

*Sapphire's POV*

The house they gave us was gorgeous. It was two stories, pale blue with wooden floors and three bedrooms with two bathrooms. Daryl was sitting next to me on the couch in the living room.

Rick was pacing in front of the coffee table. Michonne had her back against the wall. Carl had Judith on his hip. The other two babies were asleep in one of the rooms upstairs.

Everyone was dressed up for the party Alexandria was throwing to welcome them into the sundivision. Michonne was wearing a long, black evening gown. Rick had on a tie with a navy blue shirt and black pants. Carl looked handsome as ever with almost exactly the same outfit as his father, except for the color of his shirt. It was a lighter blue.

The showers had done wonders for everyone. This was probably the first time in years that their hair wasn't plastered to their scalp because of grease.

Daryl of course was still dressed in his usual clothes. His hair was still a greasy mess. He still smelled like sweat and dirt and pine trees. Which was fine by me. That's part of what made him Daryl.

"I don't know what we're doing here. These people. They're weak. They don't know how to survive out there."

Rick was glaring out the window. The people had already confiscated the weapons the group had brought with them. They were all on edge now. Weapons were the only things that kept people alive nowadays.

"What if something doesn't work out here? What if this winds up being more trouble than it is worth?," Michonne asked.

Rick put his hands on his hips. I almost laughed out loud. I never thought I would ever get to see him do that again. It was such a Rick thing to do.

"We'll take this place from them. Tomorrow, some of us will say we need to go on a run. Then, we will get some of our guns back and hide them at a Church nearby. One day we'll come back and get them so they'll be on us at all times. We will have to keep them hidden. Keep from getting caught. But this way? We can take this place if we need to."

Silent agreements were passed around the room. Rick always had these things figured out. That's what made him such a great leader.

"Alright. I guess we should head to the party. Daryl, Sapphire? Are you coming with us?"

"I think I'm going to stay here. Daryl can go if he wants to though."

Daryl shook his head. "Naw, I'm good right here. Yall have fun. Be careful."

The rest of the group left after they grabbed the other babies. They were dressed up in cute little dresses, all three of them.

That thought made me move my hand to my belly. Someday, my babies would be dressed up like that. Especially if we stay here.

Daryl kissed the top of my head before leaning down to whisper in my ear. "How does a nice shower sound? I can help you."

Blush crept across my face. "I....I don't know about that...."

"I've seen you naked before, silly. Hence this.", he said, poking my big belly.

"I can't walk up stairs anyway." My face felt like it was on fire.

Daryl stood up. I had to put my arms under me to stop myself from flopping backwards. "Hey!"

Next thing I knew, Daryl was carrying me up the stairs and into the bathroom. It was gorgeous. There was a huge tub, like honey moon suite sized. The tiles were white and red to match the walls.

A white lawn chair was in the tub. Of course. The people here knew I wasn't quite strong enough to stand for a really long time on my own.

Daryl sat me down in the chair before he put his fingertips under the edge of my shirt to pull it off. Electricity sizzled up my side from his touch.