Breaking These Walls~Chapter Thirty Two

*Daryl's POV*

Glen was starting to get heavy. How he had managed to get himself into this situation, I don't know. I just knew that I needed to get him back to camp. Fast.

His sweat was soaking through his clothes and into my own. Could you even save someone from becoming a walker if they already had the fever?

Focus. I had to keep reminding myself. Glen needed me. He needed me to believe we would make it back in time.

*Maggie's POV*

My nails were bitten down to the quick. The very tips of them had begun to bleed. I hated being nervous like this.

It had been several hours since Daryl had left. The sun was starting to dip behind the tree tops. Now two of us were missing.

It was a little chilly outside tonight. Rick thinks its almost Halloween. That's usually when things start getting colder in the south.

Carl walked out of the gate and stood beside me. He had grown so much since the first day I had seen him, both mentally and physically.

Now it was Judith's turn. She was probably a year and a few months old now. Who even knows anymore? The only way we can even tell around what date we are is the weather.

Andrea and Dale had been the ones to count the days. I admit, I miss them both. Yeah, Andrea almost let my sister kill herself. That's one thing I didn't like. But after that, she got better. She even tried to save us from the governor.

I wonder if everyone else felt hate boil in their blood at the thought of that man. Based off of what Michonne said, he wasn't fit for this world anyway. Who in the hell keeps heads in fish tanks or ties up their walker daughters in a closet?

Granted, for a while there I hoped my family wasn't really dead. It was too good to be true. Nowadays, it seems like anything that would be good is too good to be true.

I saw something move out of the corner of my eye. There was a shadow moving in the trees. It looked misshapen, like a mutant you might see in a horror movie.

Carl raised his gun and pointed at the shadow. He had mastered the way he needed to stand to shoot right. He was skilled, much like his father.

When the shadow stepped out of the trees, my heart fell into my stomach. Daryl was back. He was back, and he had Glen.

Except Glen didn't look the same. He looked sick. Very very sick. Then I noticed why.

There was a large hole in his arm. You could see where the teeth marks had been. You could seen torn flesh, you could see his arm bone, you could see everything.

Blood was running down his hand and pattering to the ground. I was getting black dots around my vision.

Just as Daryl got close to me, I fell to my knees.

*Sapphire's POV*

I was walking through the trees as quietly as I could. I didn't want to be bitten by one of these...Dead things. Walkers.

I reached a clearing in the trees. I guess you could call it a meadow. Just like the rest of the place, it was black and white. Puffs of ashes sprang up around my feet with every single step I took.

I had been here before. My memory flashed back to seeing a man with black hair and blue eyes fall to the ground. Rick had been shot here.

I slowly put one foot in front of the other. There were no grasses to hide me now. It was all burnt, dead.

When I was finally out of the trees completely, I noticed somebody standing in the middle of the meadow. He was tall. I remembered the way he stood, the way his hands felt around my neck as he threw me through the air.

My pulse quickened. I knew I needed to run. I should have high tailed it. Instead, my legs moved my body towards him.

When he turned to me, his eyes were pure black. No whites. No irises. No pupils. Nothing.

His teeth were still sharpened to points. I wanted so badly to knock him out.

He walked towards me, all black eyes and pointed teeth. I felt his arms slip around my waist and pull my body close to his. I felt his bare fingertips graze my bare skin.

I wrapped my arms around his neck and leaned into him. His fingers pressed further into my skin as I raised up on my tiptoes like I was about to whisper in his ear.

My teeth fastened into his earlobe. I snatched my head back, pulling his ear off of the side of his head. Blood splashed over his jacket, and ran down the corners of my mouth.

His scream was ear splitting. I felt my face break into a smile. He would pay for what he did to me.

He was still screaching when I went for his eyes with my fingernails.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Here's another update guys :3 Thank you again for all of the support. It means so much to me.

Love you guys! :D

~Breanna