Breaking These Walls~Chapter Twenty Three

*Sapphire's POV*

"Mommy, Mommy you made it!"

Tears stung my eyes as I turned to face my little boys. They were so beautiful in their little halos. Their wings were bigger than their bodies.

"Boys?," I asked," Where are we?"

"We're in Heaven, Mommy. Everyone is so nice here. You're gonna love it."

"Heaven? What? Am I dead?"

"The bad man mad you hit your head. It killed you. Daryl and Maggie tried to save you. They're still trying."

My heart skipped a beat. Or maybe that was me trying to die. Was I just dreaming? Was I really dead? Did I have my kids back?

"Mommy, you could go back. You could."

"I don't want to leave again. I just got you back." Tears filled my eyes as I continued watching them. They looked so happy, so peaceful. "I love you boys so much."

The look they gave me was one you would give a particularly disgusting spider. "There's no crying in Heaven, Mommy. Don't you remember telling us that before we died?"

*Daryl's POV*

"Maggie? What's wrong with her?"

Hershel's daughter had gone so pale. Her fingers were pressed to the bare skin of Sapphire's neck.

"Daryl. I don't think she's gonna make it through this. If she does, there could be some permanent damage. Maybe we should just lay her on a bed and let her go. It would be easier. She wouldn't want to be bitten or anything like that. This would be a good way for her to go."

Panic surged through my chest. "Maggie. No. We have to try. We have to. I can't lose her. I can't. She's important to me."

Maggie sighed. "I understand that Daryl. But again, she wouldn't want to-"

"DON'T YOU DARE TELL ME ABOUT WHAT SHE WOULD OR WOULDN'T WANT! Nobody in this damn group knows what she would want better than I do! She wouldn't want us to give up on her. She wouldn't want to die this way. She wouldn't want to die without being a hero while doing so. She wants her death to mean something."

She shrank away like I had slapped her. "Daryl... You're missing the point here. Her pulse is so low...She's almost dead already."

I ran my hands through my hair. Not this again. "Get out, Maggie."

"What?"

"You heard me. Get out. And leave those medical supplies."

*Maggie's POV*

The door to the cabin slammed shut behind me. Why couldn't Daryl understand? She was gone.

I sat down on the porch with my arms crossed over my knees. Beth collapsed on the steps beside me. They were all exhausted.

"Carl mentioned us moving camp here. Its secure."

"As smart as that is," I said," I don't think Rick would ever agree to it. There's not a lot of room."

"We will make room. Its worth a shot. This would be safest. For you and the baby."

Glen walked around the corner. His eyes were glued to the ground. He still didn't know we were gonna be parents. How am I ever gonna tell him?

He sat down on the stair below Beth. "I can't believe that went as well as it did. I thought for sure at least one of us would go down."

"One of us did. Daryl is in there with her now. I don't think she's snapping out of this one."

The surprise in their eyes outweighed any surprise we had experienced over the past few days. "Sapphire?", Glen asked.

"Yeah. Her pulse is so weak....Daryl said she hit the wall pretty hard..."

Beth raised a hand to her mouth. "No. No,no,no. This can't be happening. Daryl will lose his mind if he loses her."

"Not necessarily." Glen was looking back and forth between me and my sister. My face was frozen in shock. "I just mean that he used to spend a lot of time with Carol. Tell me I am not the only one that has noticed there is, or at least was, something there."

"I noticed it too.," whispered Beth. "He has feelings for both of them. But Sapphire is his main choice. We all remember how he reacted when Sophia was killed. She wasn't even his child. This is his girlfriend."

*Daryl's POV*

I knelt beside Sapphire's limp body. I could see tiny pulse beats in her throat. They were so far apart....

My hand found hers, automatically lacing our fingers together. Her skin was ice. Her lips were turning blue.

I raised her hand to my face. I held her hand against my cheek as I leaned over to her ear.

"Sapphire. Baby, please. Come back to me. Don't leave me alone like everyone else has. Don't. I can't lose you. I can't. It would break me. It would break me worse than what I was when I met you. Nobody would be able to repair this break. Not Glen, not Maggie, not Rick, not Carol...."

She stirred. Only slightly but at least she moved.

"Please baby. I need you."

I didn't have the strength to wipe the tears off of my cheeks as I kissed her forehead. Even laying there, almost dead, she was beautiful.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Here you go guys :) Thank you so much for all the votes and reads. I LOVE YOUUUUUU!!!!!

<3

~Breanna