Breaking These Walls~Chapter Six

*Sapphire's POV*

All hell broke loose at the prison. Daryl was giving out guns to everybody. I didn't know what to do. If we fired first, they would fire back. Most of us would most likely die. Carl was trying to get Daryl to take The Governor from the top of the hill. He didn't get the chance to try though.

The Governor had Hershel and Michonne in front of the tank, on their knees. He had Michonne's sword pressed under Hershel's throat. And he sliced his throat open. Beth and Maggie broke down. And the firing started.

"KILL THEM ALL!!!!!", The Governor shouted. The battle was beginning. The Tank came over the fence and made its way up the hill. One of the walls came down as a cannon ball hit it. People were screaming, and crying, running everywhere.

Maggie took Beth to the bus and ran into the block the sick people were in. I turned and saw Daryl with a walker sneaking up behind him. Everything slowed down. The walker's jaws opened, and Daryl stabbed an arrow through the lower jaw.

He was okay.

Then I saw the car seat. Someone had left Judith unattended. I ran over to her, and started to grab the car seat handle. I would never be able to carry this. I stooped down and started trying to comfort her. The poor thing was crying so loud. It had to be scary for her.

Eventually, I couldn't wait any longer. I unclipped the seat belts, and picked up her tiny little body. I cradled her head in my hand, and put my arm around her back. I went to run for the bus, but it was gone. I looked for Daryl. He was gone too. So I ran.

Judith was still crying when we made it to the edge of the woods. "Hushaby, don't you cry, go to sleepy little baby... When you wake, you shall have, all the pretty little ponies...." I started singing softly to her. She soon quieted.

Tuning back, I looked at the damage prison. That had been our home. Rage burned in my chest. I hope Rick got The Governor. He took everything from me. My son. My daughter. My home. And now possibly even Daryl.

I kept walking. This little baby depended on me, now. Hopefully we could find the others. We had to. We just had to.

*Daryl's POV*

Beth and I ran to the edge of the woods. She was still crying. I looked at her and hugged her. "Beth try to calm down. I'm sorry about your father. But he would want you to go on. He would want you to be strong. Especially for Maggie and Judith."

I immediately knew I had said the wrong thing. Beth started crying harder. She was angry now. "Judith? Daryl, Judith is DEAD. And it's all my fault. I left her with Lizzie and Micah. They left her alone, or they moved her, or... Or..... I don't know what they did, but they did it. And now, she's dead."

I didn't know what to say. I didn't want to lose that baby. She was the happiness in everyone's life. She was the little miracle of the group. I started seeing red, like I did when I saw Bob with Sapphire. Sapphire. Where was she? I hadn't seen her since the fight started.

I saw a walker and ran to it, stabbing my arrow through the brain repeatedly. I would kill every single last one of these scumbag creatures. I screamed at the top of my lungs. "No!No!NOOO!!!"

*Sapphire's POV*

I heard screaming. It sounded masculine. But who was it? I could walk myself straight into a trap. They would kill Judith. They would kill me. But I had to try.

I came to a small clearing in the trees. There was a blonde girl crying. Wait a minute.... That's Beth!!!

"Beth!", I called out to her. She jumped at the sound of my voice. She looked at me with confusion in her teary eyes. Then she saw the little bundle in my arms. She jumped up and ran to me, snatching Judith out of my arms.

She held the tiny baby in her arms, so close to her chest. She seemed to be smiling. Still crying, but smiling. "Blacks and bays, dapples and grays,....." Beth started singing the same lullaby I was singing. Little Judith raise her head and smiled at Beth.

The fact that beautiful things like this still happened, even in this messed up world, was amazing. These were the moments we lived for. The moments we were here for. Life was truly beautiful, even with people at each other's throats.

Suddenly, there was movement among the trees. I slipped my knife out of the sheath, and stood protectively, with Beth and Judith behind me. Nobody was taking these two from me, or separating them again. We needed each other.

I saw the point of an arrow attached to a crossbow before I saw who was holding the bow. My eyes traced up the muscular arms to the hard shoulders, to the scruffy face, to the beautiful eyes.

Daryl. I started crying. I threw down my knife, and ran into his chest, throwing my arms around me. He held me like that, with his nose buried in the crook of my neck. Then he let go and walked over to Beth, gently taking Judith out of her arms.

He smiled and said, " Well, hi sweetheart. Good to see you." Judith smiled up at him and grabbed onto his little beard. He smiled wider and said," Looks like we'll be eating squirrel for a while. Lets hope you like that."

We all laughed. That night, we found out Judith not only liked squirrel, she loved it. It was so funny watching her cry for more every time Beth stopped feeding her for a second. "I'll keep watch.", Daryl said.

I couldn't sleep, so while Beth and Judith were sleeping, I walked over to Daryl and stood with him. "Shouldn't you be getting some sleep?" He was so sweet. Definitely a leader at heart. "I can't. I'm still thinking about what happened at the prison. I hope Rick is okay. He doesn't know I have Judith. He probably thinks she's dead."

"He'll be fine. Him and Carl are probably nearby. We'll find them tomorrow or something." I smiled up at him. I looked up at the moon and then looked at Daryl. I stood up on my tiptoes and kissed him. It was a long kiss. He wrapped his free arm around my hips and brought me closer.

I grabbed his bow off his shoulder, and threw it over my own. "It's my turn to keep watch. You need to sleep. We'll need you tomorrow." He smirked down at me, his arm still around my waist. "Do you even know how to use that thing?"

I bit my lip. "I don't. But you can teach me. Beth will need practice, too. All she brought from the prison was a little nine millimeter. Even then we only have a few bullets. We could go back to the prison and loot what's there later. But for now, we're stuck with this bow, her pistol, and my knife."

"Okay. We'll go back tomorrow and see what we can find. Then, we'll start the crossbow lessons."

*Daryl's POV*

I walked over to a tree and slid down it. I looked up at the stars, and smiled. I don't know how long I'd been wanting her to kiss me. All I know now, is I am glad she did.

But at the same time, I felt guilty. Carol needed me. I needed her. But I felt the same way about Sapphire. Eventually, I would have to hurt one of them. Or I would lose one of them. Or both. I had already lost Merle. For all I know, my best friend could be dead.

At some point I dozed off. I was so tired.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It seems like I run out of ideas to fast. But when I get them, I have to write them. So here's chapter 6. Should I continue writing this story? I've already deleted two stories. I really do NOT want to delete this one because it is by FAR the best story I have.

Guys please help me out here. Is it good? What do I need to change? Should I continue it?

~Breanna