Breaking These Walls~Chapter Twenty

*Daryl's POV*

The man with the sharp teeth turned around and motioned for us to follow him. I glanced at Glen before I stepped forward. Korea looked like he was gonna be sick.

We followed the man through their camp. Not that it was much of a camp. The biggest part was the fence. There was a fire pit in the middle of the camp, where there was some kind of meat cooking. It smelled funny. Instead of savory it smelled kind of...Sweet. It made my stomach turn.

There were log seats around the fire where a couple of guys were sitting. Their teeth were sharpened into the same little points as that of their leader. They were tearing into the strange meat with their teeth, smiling the whole time they chewed.

I glanced back at Glen again. He was even greener than before. If that was possible.

Around the campfire was three large cabins. The biggest one was in the middle, the smallest one was on the left of that, and the medium one was on the right.

"We only have one place for visitors. Can you guess which one it is, China man?"

Glen couldn't say anything. He just raised his arm and pointed to the smallest cabin. The sharp toothed man smiled that creepy smile again, shaking his head.

"Nope. We like to give our best place to the people that visit. You boys will be staying in the big cabin along with a couple of other guests."

I felt a chill run up my spine. Could he be talking about Sapphire and Carl? I had to force myself not to think about that strange meat those guys were eating around the fire.

The man with the sharp teeth opened the door to a dark rectangle. No light was coming out at all. My nerves were on edge. I tightened my grip on the crossbow before walking up the steps.

As soon as we walked through the door, it slammed shut behind us. I spun around, trying to force the door open. It wouldn't budge.

I felt Glen grab my shoulder. I turned around. Which I wished I hadn't done. I hadn't expected this view.

Glen finally gave in to his urge to puke. Some guy had Carl in his arms with a knife to his neck. Not far from him, another guy had Sapphire in his arms with a knife pressed to her neck. The only difference was that his pants were unzipped, and Sapphire was in nothing but her underwear, with her arms crossed over her bare chest.

*Maggie's POV*

We were back in the clearing Carol had told us about. She was crouched down next to the dead walker, most likely trying her best to find their tracks.

Finally I decided to do my own little check. Glen and I had made up a new way to find each other after we had gotten separated. Nobody knew about it. Nobody ever would.

I walked around the trees in the clearing until I found a tiny M carved into one of them. I smiled to myself again before I raised my voice. "They went this way."

Carol looked shocked. "Did Daryl teach you tracking?"

I decided to lie. I had to keep this a secret. It was our thing. Mine and Glen's. One day, hopefully, it would be our child's too.

I continued to stop periodically to examine the trees. It was taking forever to get to where we needed to go it felt like.

I couldn't stop thinking about our futures together. I couldn't help but look at all the faces around me and wonder who would come back from this and who wouldn't. Who would be here a year from now.

Would my child survive? Would I? Would Glen? Who could I trust enough to take care of my baby if something happened to both of us?

We finally found a thinning in the trees just before a clearing. I raised my hand, signalling to the others that they needed to stop. I couldn't chance us getting caught.

I continued picking my way forward slowly, checking the trees for Glen's signal.

I was right about the clearing. Kind of. There were fences with walkers pinned by spikes and walker bits hanging in between the links.

I felt my stomach roll. This was where Glen's signal stopped. They were in this camp. This sick, morbid camp.

I began to wonder how in the hell we were gonna get them out.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Okay guys :3 I hope you like this chapter. I can't believe this story has over 3,000 reads and 120 votes.

I never dreamed this would happen. But thank you for it. I love you.

<3

~Breanna