Breaking These Walls~Chapter Twenty Nine

*Rick's POV*

Glen had taken a seat on the couch. His head was in his hands. This felt odd. The tables had certainly turned.

I sat down beside him. I could feel blood oozing out of the stitches on my side. Unfortunately they had torn open when I had moved to stop Glen from punching Daryl.

Almost as if he could read my mind, Glen spoke up. "You're bleeding."

"I guess I am."

Nobody could fix it that was here anyway. Or at least I wouldn't let them try. Maggie and Carol were the ones with medical training.

Now that I thought about it, that would be a good idea for everyone. We all needed to know how to handle a situation like this, and worse. My mind flashed back to when I had to hack Hershel's leg off.

"We need to get you out there to this camp. Rick, its secure. Its small, but it is secure."

I remembered my son mentioning a few things about it. I had learned the hard way that we didn't truly have a shelter. No matter where we wound up, we would wind up getting it torn away from us.

"How do you suggest we do that?", I asked Glen.

He bit his lip. "Maybe there's an old wagon or something we could use."

"You really expect to be able to pull a wagon through the woods?"

Glen shook his head. For now, I wasn't going anywhere. "Maybe in a day or two. In the mean time, you need to get to Maggie. This is a huge deal. You need to work through what happened here, why she kept it from you."

He stood up and walked out the front door. I couldn't help smiling at how much he had changed over the past couple of years. When we met, he had been a scrawny young man with no value to him other than a guide.

Through everything, he had stayed strong. Now he was on top of the world, right up there with the rest of us. We no longer looked at him as someone who could be disposed or used. We looked at him as an asset, the one that had the most courage and could take on most things we couldn't.

About that time, Daryl walked into the room. His satchel was packed full of supplies he needed for Sapphire. There was even a dark blue teddy bear that looked like it was the same color as her name.

I raised my eyebrows. She really was making him into an even bigger softie. He would never admit that, of course.

"Rick you should come back with us."

I motioned towards my side. "I can't go anywhere like this."

"That isn't gonna get better until we go get something done about it. Maggie and Carol aren't here...And I don't want to ask them to leave Sapphire."

He looked at the ground when he said the last part. He really loved her. He really and truly did if he would put her before the rest of us.

"Carl could help me. He could support you and I could make sure the coast is clear. You need to see this. Please."

*Maggie's POV*

It was just a little past noon. It had been a few hours since Daryl had left. I hoped and prayed he would be okay too.

Over the past few hours, we had done nothing but sit. Sapphire wasn't out of the woods yet. We couldn't do anything without supplies though.

The camp was already pretty secure. We really couldn't do anything to make it safer, especially not until we knew what Rick's plans were.

Everyone knew it without saying it. A council may have worked at the prison, but here we would need Rick. He was what had kept us alive out there. We all knew it.

I was standing near the gates when I noticed the bushes rustling. My heart skipped a beat. I wanted to feel my husband in my arms, feel his warmth, be...

Daryl walked out of the trees. Behind him was Rick, who was bleeding pretty heavily from his wound. He was pale and was leaning heavily on Carl's shoulder.

I opened the gates as fast as I could. Daryl stopped next to me while Carl carried his father towards the cabin Sapphire was laying in. Carol was waiting with the door open. I watched her take the satchel from Carl and pull Rick inside.

I turned back to Daryl. He looked worried. "Sapphire is fine."

He shook his head. "I know. You would have told me otherwise. But where is Korea?"

I rolled my eyes. Daryl and his blasted nicknames. "He's at the farm, isn't he?"

Daryl shook his head. "No. He left a long time before we did."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Short update guys :) Hope you like this.

Thank you so much for all the support. It means everything. I love reading your comments and seeing that you guys vote.

I love you. If any of you ever need to talk, message me and I will do my best to get back to you.

Love you! <3

~Breanna