Breaking These Walls~Chapter Forty One

*Sapphire's POV*

Daryl woke up right when the sun peeked through the windows. He was so adorable when he woke up, especially with that sleepy, raspy voice.

"Hey Saph."

And that crooked smile.

I smiled back at him. I still felt terrible for what had happened with Glen. It wasn't his fault. I knew it wasn't. Yet I still wanted to blame him.

I needed to apologize for trying to kill him. I needed to desperately. For all I knew, him and Maggie both were about to start ignoring me. They might not ever speak to me again.

I rolled over onto my side so I could see Daryl better. "Do you think Glen hates me?" My voice came out in a whisper.

His eyebrows pinched together. He looked like he was thinking. "No. Glen loves you. Everyone in this camp does, so far as I can tell."

Maybe he was right. Still didn't stop me from being scared though. I mean, again, I did try to kill him.

"I have to admit, you are feisty."

I felt my cheeks turn red. He had a big goofy smile on his face.

"You like doing that don't you?"

His smile just got bigger.

*Maggie's POV*

I lay awake with Glen's head on my chest. I didn't know what to do. He hadn't slept all night. Neither had I.

For a second, I felt angry. I felt nothing but pure rage. Why did Sapphire have to be so jealous? Why did she have such a quick temper? Why did Glen have to be bitten? Why did Glen have to be the one that had to miraculously survive the bite?

That last one surprised me. I bit my lip, hard. I was glad he was okay. I just didn't feel like dealing with the stares and the whispers and everything else that comes with his burden. And yes, even he thinks its a burden.

"I think we should leave."

Glen was just barely whispering. He sounded like he was in pain. I guess I could see why. These people had become our family. How were we supposed to just throw that away?

I was there when Carl was still a squeaker. I was there when Judith was born. I had been the one to deliver her.

I was there when Daryl was still an outsider. I was there when Shane had lured Rick off and tried to kill him. I was there when Dale died. T-Dog too.

I was there when a lot of people died. I missed just about every single one of them.

"I don't think so. We need them."

"No," he said, "Maggie, if anybody needs anybody, they need you."

I couldn't think of anything else to say. We couldn't leave. We just couldn't. I had a baby on the way. Glen would most likely be panicking when delivery time came. How could he help me?

How could we make it on our own? And what about Beth? There was no way she would leave Judith and Carl. Somehow, those two had managed to form a bond that centers around that baby.

I wondered if she would help me with mine. I wasn't exactly sure how far along I was. It couldn't be much. We had just started getting a baby bump, after all.

Names. We needed names.

"Babe?"

He lifted his head and looked at me. "Yeah?"

"We haven't talked about names for the baby yet."

He bit his cheek. "That's true. What do you think?"