Breaking These Walls~Chapter Eighteen

*Daryl's POV*

How in the hell were we supposed to get in there? As far as I could see, there was only one entrance. A very heavily gaurded entrance.

Glen must have been thinking the same thing. When I looked at him his mouth waa set in a hard line. His eyes were calculating. That usually meant something was bad wrong. You could almost see the wheels turning in his mind.

"Daryl... How are we gonna do this? That gate looks sturdy. And loud. So its not like we can sneak in that way."

As far as I could tell we were stuck in general. Maybe I could cause some sort of distraction. Something. Anything.

Why were some people just so damn smart?

*Carol's POV*

Curse Daryl for sending me back. How were we supposed to make a plan if none of us knew what the hell we were up against?

Well, we did know one thing. Someone who had been fighting was strong. Most likely it wasn't Sapphire and Carl, either. Especially considering they were nowhere in sight. Plus there were no extra bodies. Human ones anyway.

"Based off the scene we saw in the woods, these people are strong. Let's just hope we're not up against another Woodbury."

Everyone in the living room nodded their heads in agreement. Nobody wanted that kind of situation again. Nobody wanted some psycho killer living next door.

I shivered even thinking about that crazy man. I think all of us was glad that Michonne had stabbed him through the chest.

"Well. I might not can go out there. But you guys can. Take Tyreese and Beth with you. Maggie, you should go too. I'll hold down the fort here."

Beth bit her lip and glanced at Maggie. I had no earthly idea what that was about. Beth wasn't scared.

That much was obvious. Something was going on here.

I opened my mouth to ask just as Beth started talking. More like yelling.

"Oh my gosh! Rick! I've got a surprise for you."

Rick looked annoyed. "Beth. I really appreciate it. But now isn't the time for surprises. We need to focus."

Her smile just widened. "Oh trust me. You want this surprise. As soon as I give it to you, we will leave."

*Beth's POV*

I didn't give Rick the chance to respond. I bolted out the door, running as fast as I could to find Micah.

She was sitting by the campfire with Lizzie and Tyreese. They were all laughing, watching little Judith try to catch a moth that was fluttering just over her head.

"Guys, I need Judith. Rick just woke up."

We all looked at each other. I felt my face crack into a smile at the same time that theirs did.

Rick had no idea his daughter was still alive. All I could think about was how he would react when he would see me walk through the door.

*Rick's POV*

I groaned as Beth ran out the door. I hated being stuck in one spot. It was the worst thing in the world for me. I swore to myself that I would find the bastard that shot me and I would return the favor.

Beth was back in a matter of seconds. She had a small bundle in her arms.

"Really,Beth? All this excitement over a-"

I stopped. This wasn't possible. I had found the carseat. Full of blood. She was gone. Dead.

Yet there she was, in Beth's arms. She was looking at me with huge eyes. I had missed her so much.

Beth brought her over to me. She reached her little arms out to me. My little girl was safe. She was home.

I snatched her out of Beth's arms, holding her against my chest. I smelled her baby scent, I felt her little heartbeat.

I burst into tears.

*Daryl's POV*

We still sat there on the edge of the clearing. Neither one of us had come up with a very good plan. What would we do if nobody from camp came back to help? What if Carol never made it?

I hated the feeling of being helpless. This was why I should never try to get close to somebody. They were always taken away from me, or I was taken away from them, or sometimes even both.

Who knows what they were doing in there? They could be torturing them. I couldn't do anything about it either.

Finally, I couldn't take it anymore. I stood up, ignoring Glen's protests and questions. I wasn't stopping. I had to do this.

I walked right up to the gate, and pushed it wide open.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Another cliffhanger guys. I'm sorry XD

Thank you for all the support guys! I cannot believe we have over 3,000 reads and over 100 votes on this story!!!

I love you! Thank you so much! <3

~Breanna