vii.

CHAPTER SEVEN

Almost more than a minute has passed since Chanyeol left yet Lynx is still glaring at the floor where the gateway had closed.

Jeonghan, Kyungsoo, and Irene exchange worried yet amused glances. It is like Lynx is trying to open the gateway using her mind so she could give Chanyeol the beating of a lifetime.

"Hey Lynx," Jeonghan places his hand over her shoulder in an attempt to calm her down.

However, Lynx snaps and pulls his hand. He was instantly flipped onto his back. "Having a tough friend is hard." he whimpers.

Lynx blinks in surprise before the realization hits her. "Oh... sorry" she mutters, much to Jeonghan's dismay.

"Yeah... no problem. Sadly, I am used to this." Jeonghan groans as he sits up.

"I think you broke a joint." Kyungsoo grimaces as he looks at Jeonghan.

Growing up together, Jeonghan and Kyungsoo both know that Irene and Lynx are tougher than most people they know. One thing they discovered about the two, they throw or hit people when they get surprised. Kyungsoo and Jeonghan have been on the receiving end numerous times, mostly Jeonghan since he's more reckless than Kyungsoo.

"Last time milady accidentally punched you, this pretty boy never learns." Mingyu snickers.

"Shut up, Mingyu." Jeonghan scoffs as Krystal helps him up. "And do stop calling me a pretty boy." He clutches his shoulder as he feels his joint slowly aligning.

"Are you okay?" Lynx asks and Jeonghan simply gives a pained nod. "I'm sorry, okay? I was just really mad." she explains.

"You're overreacting though, he's just flirting with you." Jeonghan says. "It's just a kiss on the cheek."

"Based on what Chanyeol said earlier, he's done way more than that." Jongin comments.

"Now that I think about it... Chanyeol's your first kiss, right?" Kyungsoo asks.

"Kyungsoo, you too?" Irene looks at him in disbelief. "Just defend Lynx on this, I don't like her descendant. He's so arrogant and smug."

Lynx shakes her head. "It's fine Irene, I'll learn how to handle him. He's just so frustrating to be with. Now I have to worry about what he did to Lord Orcus."

"You're acting as if that Orcus didn't do anything wrong," Krystal says. "He just made an order to kill you. To be honest, I was surprised that you stopped your descendant earlier."

"Lord Orcus is still the head tamer. I'd be in bigger trouble if my descendant kills him." Lynx sighs in frustration.

"Just recover for now Lynx," Kyungsoo says. "Eventually, Chanyeol will learn to follow your orders. As a descendant, he's bound to have loyalty for you sooner or later."

"Loyalty?" Lynx laughs at the thought. "Sehun and Luhan listen to me better than he does."

"Did I just get complimented by the reject that supposedly hates descendants?" a smile crawls onto Sehun's lips and Lynx shoots him a glare.

"You've been with him for a day, Lynx," Jeonghan points out. "You've been with those two for a long time, at least give Chanyeol a chance."

"That depends if he'd also give me a chance to be his tamer." Lynx retorts.

"It's all a matter of adjustment between the tamer and the descendant." Irene says. "Jongin didn't accept Kyungsoo at first, and the same goes for Krystal and Jeonghan. But that'll only happen if your descendant doesn't have such a big ego."