xxi.

CHAPTER TWENTY ONE

Chanyeol eyes Lynx as she makes a sour face after taking a gulp of the beer.

"This is horrible, how do you manage to drink this?" Lynx complains.

"Just keep drinking until it starts to taste good. It really tastes horrible at first." Chanyeol tells her as he focuses on the mashed potatoes that Jackson originally brought for Lynx.

Lynx drinks the beer quickly and uses her sleeve to wipe her lips. Her brows are furrowed, her nose is scrunched, and her lips are jutted in a pout.

How charming. Chanyeol sarcastically thought.

"If you want to get wasted, beer isn't the best option. There's brandy and tequila." Chanyeol suggests.

Lynx places the bottle on the table. "Order it."

Chanyeol snorts. "You're really set on getting wasted, are you?"

"I want to get heavily drunk and break something."

"Hopefully, it's not my face." Chanyeol clicks his tongue.

It burns. The tequila burns and her mouth is sore. Her head is spinning and she feels sick in the stomach but it feels good. It feels good because it's making her numb. The last thing she wants is her emotions getting the best of her again.

She lazily glances over at Chanyeol who's sitting on the other side of the table. He is resting his head on his palm as he watches Lynx silently. Lynx has the whole bottle of tequila to herself while Chanyeol is just drinking the beer that Lynx didn't finish.

Lynx lost count of how much time has passed but she didn't really care anymore.

"Go easy, I'm not taking care of you once you're hungover." Chanyeol mutters.

Lynx takes a sip again, she winces at the strong burn. "You're not the boss of me." she points him. "If I get hungover tomorrow, then leave me alone to die."

"Yeah, sure." Chanyeol scoffs. "I wouldn't care but you're forgetting the fact that you're my descendant now. If you die, I die."

Lynx stops for a moment. "Oh, right..." she slurs.

"Why did you agree on taming me, then?" Lynx asks. "You wanted your freedom back, right?"

Chanyeol quirks an eyebrow at her. Lynx is a lot more open now, or it must be the alcohol in her system.

"You're interesting," Chanyeol simply answers. "I guess it wouldn't hurt to be stuck with a brat like you."

Lynx shrugs. "Hey," she calls. "Why don't you call me by my name?"

Chanyeol doesn't reply.

"Lynx is easier to say than master or princess." she points out.

"Brat is easy to say too." Chanyeol snickers.

Lynx frowns. "Jerk is easier to say than Chanyeol."

"That's fine... at least I'll be your jerk." Chanyeol grins.

Lynx rolls her eyes as she leaned back until she is resting against the bed. "Hey jerk, tell me about yourself."

"Why would I?" Chanyeol asks.

"Because we barely know each other. I wouldn't want to spend the rest of my life with an arrogant and perverted stranger." Lynx points out.

"My life isn't really interesting, I'm just a handsome and powerful Leo descendant." Chanyeol answers. "I'm more interested in your story."