xl.

CHAPTER FORTY

Minseok rushes to the room where they kept Taehyung locked up. When he got there, there was a faint scent of miasma in the air. "The gateway just closed," Tiffany said.

"I hope things go according to plan." Minseok says.

"You're pretty ambitious if you think this ridiculous plan is going to work." Minseok was met with a haughty smirk.

"It's worth a try, Taehyung. I'm starting to get desperate just like you're master." Minseok scowls.

"Do you think my master is stupid? Luhan disguising as me to meet my master? That's a suicide mission." Taehyung mockingly says.

"Do you think this is the first time I made Luhan do something like this?" Minseok smirks. "I've been on stealth missions before I became a tamer and disguising is one of Luhan's specialties."

"That still doesn't mean that my master will fall for such a trick." Taehyung scoffs. He looks at Sehun who's standing in between Minseok and Yixing. "What about this guy? Why didn't you send him? Is he not as gifted as his brother?" the Capricorn descendant taunts. "What is he supposed to do, stand and look pretty?"

If Taehyung ever struck a nerve, Sehun didn't show it. Minseok however, chuckles in amusement. "Sehun specializes in fighting, if given a chance I am sure he's on par with your skills or if not, he's even stronger."

"I'm not a show off though," Sehun shrugs. "Like you said, I'd rather stand and look pretty." this time it was Sehun with the mocking smile on his face.

"You already got your ass kicked by Chanyeol and me, would you like him to be added to the list?" Yixing snorts.

Taehyung glowers at them. "Luhan will fail," he says.

"It's too early to jump to conclusions." Minseok replies. "Tiffany, the chains are getting loose."

With one move of her hands, the chains around Taehyung tightened. He curses. "You know if you were a lot nicer, you don't have to be this uncomfortable." Tiffany smiles.

"I'd rather die."

Yixing pins him a look of sympathy, fake sympathy. "Ah, sadly we can't let you die since Orcus will die too. Killing him is practically giving him mercy, which he doesn't deserve by the way."

"Sehun, stay with Tiffany for now. Irene is still resting while Taeyeon is with Baekhyun so she needs to watch over Taehyung much longer." Minseok orders.

Sehun nods before looking towards Taehyung. "Lucky you. You get to see me standing and looking pretty in your very own eyes." Sehun taunts.

Taehyung rolls his eyes while Tiffany giggles in amusement.

***

It took all of Lynx's self control to not punch Chanyeol on the face. "Quit messing around!" she exclaims.

Chanyeol laughs. "I'm in deep shit because of you, princess. What ever happened to our dirty little secret?" he playfully smiles.

"I had to explain things to Yixing because I was scared for your life and I'm so sorry for everything I blurted out to Master Minseok earlier." Lynx explains.