ix.

CHAPTER NINE

Kyungsoo hears two people talking. He thought they were brought to the room where they'll be locked in but he realizes that Jeonghan, Lynx, and Irene weren't there with him. He scans the area and he sees Orcus and Minseok, the two seem to be arguing.

"On high watch? You can't put my students on high watch!" Minseok exclaims.

"Minseok, you know what your students did. There are only four of them but look at the amount of damage they caused." Orcus snarls. "And another thing, one of your students cannot even control her own descendant. I'm being cautious before things go out of hand."

"I know my students well!" Minseok shouts. "They will not pick up a fight just because they want to. I am sure that the other students did something to provoke them. You have to know their side on this as well and as for Lynx, give her a chance. She hasn't been with her descendant that long, I know she'll handle that Leo descendant well."

"She is a descendant of Ophiuchus, Minseok. She's already questioning a lot of things and we can't afford for her to know more."

"Why not? She has a right to know." Minseok reasons.

"Sensitive details about the Great Descendant Wars are to be kept classified from humans."

"Lynx is a half-blood, she is an exemption."

Orcus shoots him a glare. "I am doing this to keep all of us safe. I need to keep all these tamers safe."

Minseok laughs dryly. "Correction, you're keeping yourself safe."

Orcus grabs him by the collar but Minseok keeps his expression calm. "You know the prophecy Minseok." he lowers his voice before releasing his hold on him.

"And how long do you think we can keep it a secret from Lynx? From all of them? My students are a lot smarter than you think." Minseok asks.

"For as long as we can," Orcus says sternly. "We wouldn't be worrying about this if it wasn't for you Minseok. You and your father were the ones that insisted to keep them in here instead of disposing them. You said you'd keep an eye on them and make sure that they stay on our side."

"And I am! They all grew up to be good tamers, right? They're one of the best tamers that we ever had and all of them have done nothing but obey our orders!" Minseok defends.

"They can't be tamers for long," Orcus shakes his head. "Sooner or later those kids will realize the power that they have and what do you think they'll do? They will betray us!"

"Can't we trust them?" Minseok asks.

"Trust?" Orcus cackles. "Your father trusted his descendant too but what happened? He died because his descendant failed to protect him." Minseok keeps his fists clenched as he averts his gaze. "I know what I'm doing Minseok, this is for the best."

Minseok makes no move and Orcus clasps his hands. "It's decided then, they will be put on high watch and I will be assigning a different mentor for your students."

"They don't need a different mentor." Minseok counters.

"This is too personal for you Minseok, seeing as those four are like family to you. You'll just get in my way," Orcus says. "You're dismissed."

Minseok glares at him and Orcus smirks. "And if you try to get involved in this, I won't hesitate to have you imprisoned."

***