xxix.

CHAPTER TWENTY-NINE

Minseok gently pats Lynx's back to comfort her. Lynx is no longer crying but she still hasn't let go of him yet. "Hey, I was just gone for three days. You're acting as if we've been separated since forever." he says.

"I thought you were dead." Lynx murmurs. "I was so scared." she releases her hold on him and moves back to look at him.

"Sorry for making you worry, I'm here now. I'm not going anywhere." he wipes off her tears.

Lynx's lips are still quivering. Minseok is genuinely surprised to see her like this. He knew that Lynx would be the most affected but he didn't expect her to be this affected.

"How's the Spiritual realm?" Minseok asks to change the subject. He's sure that Lynx doesn't want to end up like a crying mess again.

"It's okay..." Lynx answers. "I haven't seen much but at least I'm not locked up in a building."

"Do you like it there?" he asks.

"I'd say yes but you're not there." Lynx honestly answers.

Minseok smiles. "The miasma would kill me if I go there. This realm was just your temporary home. I swore to my dad that I'd train all four of you until you're strong enough, then we'd send you back to the Spiritual realm once the time is right." he explains.

"But it wasn't the right time yet."

"I had to save you, Lynx. It's better than being tamed by Orcus, at least you're free now." he says.

"I'm not really free... I'm tamed." Lynx tells him.

Minseok blinks in confusion. "Tamed? Weren't you able to pass the gateway?"

Lynx shakes her head. "Then who?" Minseok turns when someone enters the room again. "It's him?" he asks Lynx when Chanyeol enters.

Lynx slowly nods. "What are you doing here?" she asks.

"Hey there baby faced master, nice to know that you're alive." Chanyeol lazily greets before turning to Lynx. "They sent me to ask if you're done with your heartwarming reunion. You're not the only one who's eager to meet him, you know." he points out.

Lynx sighs. "Sorry... tell them they may come now."

"Wait," Minseok calls Chanyeol. "Why did you have to tame her? Did the others get tamed too?" he asks.

"Ah, it's just us two." Chanyeol replies. "It's because she still lacked descendant blood in her that's why I had to perform the blood bind as well. That's what that Yixing guy said." he shrugs.

Minseok nods as he digests the information. "Go and call them now." he tells Chanyeol.

Once Chanyeol left the room, Minseok looks towards Lynx. "Is he taking good care of you?" he asks.

Lynx blinked. "He... is,"

"You hesitated,"

"We're fine," Lynx exhales. "We're not exactly... close or anything. He protects me well."