[m] xxxvi.

~take a shot for every time Lynx says please in this chapter. LMAO.

CHAPTER THIRTY SIX

The guard eyes Lynx one more time before stepping away. "I've heard the first heat is always the worst for the descendants that experience them. Lord Orcus will be coming down in here and he'd have descendants with him, I'm sure you don't want them seeing you in your most vulnerable state." those were his last words before he left.

"At least he left, it could be worse." Chanyeol sighs but he is nowhere near relieved.

"What am I going to do?" Lynx asks. "I've read about this but I don't know how to deal with it."

"You heard what the guard said, princess. Stay away from me, it's dangerous." Chanyeol stays at the farthest corner of the cell.

Lynx sits down in the other corner. She thought it wouldn't get any worse but another wave of nausea hits her. "It's... hot" she breathes out.

Chanyeol mentally curses since Lynx's scent was becoming more overpowering by the second. "Take deep breaths, it'll calm you down." he says flippantly.

Lynx tries to do as she's told but she was quick to lose focus. It was starting to get really hot and she was beginning to sweat. She kicks her shoes off and her hands move towards the hem of her shirt--Chanyeol's shirt.

"Don't!" Chanyeol shouts. "Fuck, don't strip you idiot!"

Lynx looked like she was in a daze before she slapped herself. "What's happening to me?" she groans.

Another wave hits Lynx and a whine unintentionally escapes her lips. She hugs her knees and covers her face with her hands. She felt uncomfortable, really uncomfortable.

Chanyeol closes his eyes to maintain his self control. Lynx's scent was strong, sweet, and addicting. It will only get stronger unless it gets suppressed. If it gets too overpowering, other descendants around the area would know and it will only be even more dangerous for Lynx.

"Chanyeol..." Lynx calls.

Lynx's heat wave hit him like a tidal wave. His instincts were telling him to go and take her but he doesn't want to.

"It's really... really hot." Lynx says. "Please..."

"Please what? You? You're not yourself princess. I know it's uncomfortable for you but I can't do anything." Chanyeol barely manages to reason out. He isn't himself either, his self control is wearing thin.

"Try knocking me out," Lynx suggests. "You managed to do it before, do it again."

"Despite being on heat, you still manage to get on my nerves." Chanyeol comments.

"It's so hot," Lynx sobs. Her hands move over to her shirt and she began taking it off.

Chanyeol dashes there to pull it down in an instant, which he immediately regrets since Lynx's scent was so, so sweet. "Don't attempt anything that you'll end up regretting. It's just a heat cycle." Chanyeol reminds both himself and Lynx.

He grabs Lynx's chained wrists which caused her to gasp. He reaches behind her and he curses when Lynx moaned when their bodies made contact.

"You're making this so much harder for me." Chanyeol rambles.