xxxi.

CHAPTER THIRTY ONE

"How are you so relaxed when you just forced Lynx to stay with Chanyeol?!" Luhan exclaims.

"Chanyeol is your childhood friend, right? Sehun seems to trust him, why can't you do the same?" Minseok shrugs.

"He's just overreacting, he was like this too when Chanyeol was dating our sister." Sehun explains.

"Chanyeol's different now," Luhan scoffs. "How do you expect me to relax when I saw what he did to Lynx earlier?"

"Knowing Lynx, she'd punch Chanyeol and he'd end up with a busted lip." Sehun calmly says.

Luhan's eye twitches in annoyance. "See? Even you don't trust Chanyeol to keep his hands to himself. Remember when we were all in his room at the lodge?"

"Are you referring to the bedroom that reeked of se--" Jongin covered Mingyu's mouth before he could even finish it.

"What?" Minseok suddenly gives them a pointed look.

Jongin chuckles nervously. "Chanyeol is kind of known for sleeping around..."

Minseok's brows furrow while Luhan rolls his eyes. "I told you Minseok, leaving Lynx with him is a bad idea. You better send me back to our realm to pick her up."

"No need, I already warned Chanyeol. He seemed pretty decent. Lynx will keep him under control." Minseok sighs.

"But you're forgetting the part that Lynx is the usual reason for Chanyeol to lose his temper. She admitted that it was her fault for provoking him earlier." Irene adds.

"Just trust both of them. Lynx isn't a kid anymore, she'll handle the situation just fine." Minseok assures.

"Besides, Chanyeol has improved a lot since he became Lynx's descendant. He's doing his job well. Have more faith in him." Sehun says.

"Fine," Luhan huffs. "But if something bad happens, don't stop me from giving Chanyeol a beating."

"So much for that, we still need to make plans for our move against Orcus." Minseok changes the subject. "Yixing has been healing me very often, so I'll be fully recovered soon."

Yixing faces them when Minseok makes a gesture toward him. The said descendant gives them a pleasant smile. "I believe I've already met most of you right after the previous tamer's quest. I am Yixing, Kim Jaejoong's former descendant, it's nice to meet you."

Everyone else returns his greeting. "As you know, Yixing is one of our keys to defeating Orcus since he's the one who knows most about the war that happened twenty years ago. He was with my father." Minseok says.

"First, I need to tell you all about what happened back then. Especially the half-bloods, you deserve to know about it the most." Yixing starts.

"But what about Lynx?" Jeonghan asks. "She's the one who's the most curious about this."

"We'll tell her once she's back." Minseok answers.

"Does it involve the prophecy that involves us? I've heard Master Minseok and Lord Orcus talking about it before." Kyungsoo asks.

"Yes, I guess it's about time you find out." Yixing takes a deep breath.

***

Chanyeol feels comfortable warmth. He fell asleep with his whole body feeling heavy, he was completely tired. Sleep is exactly what he needed, that's probably why he feels so much better.

"Are you alright?" he hears someone asking.

He blinks a couple of times until his vision gets into focus. His brows furrow in confusion when he sees the person in front of him.