xxii.

CHAPTER TWENTY TWO

Lynx tries to keep a straight face while Luhan is staring at her. She has to maintain her composure to save what's left of her dignity... if there is any left.

"I'm... okay." Lynx says. "It's just a headache, it'll heal quick."

"What were you thinking?" Luhan gives her a disappointed look. "You were careless enough to get drunk, not to mention that your company is this guy." Luhan points Chanyeol.

"Hey, it was her own choice to get drunk and she ordered me to watch over her." Chanyeol counters.

"Oh?" Luhan scoffs. "Don't act like a hypocrite, Chanyeol. Knowing you, you did more than just watching over."

Lynx's eyes widen while Chanyeol smirks. "I didn't force anything."

Luhan narrows his eyes at the Leo descendant. "Just what exactly did you do, you dirty bastard?"

"Stop!" Lynx says before Chanyeol could even reply. By that time, the other half-bloods have followed her to the lobby as well.

"I made a mistake," Lynx begins. "I was careless and I ended up doing something stupid." she avoids Chanyeol's gaze. "It won't happen again. I swear I won't get drunk again, I was just so upset yesterday and I needed to let loose." she explains.

"You were drunk?" Kyungsoo asks.

Lynx scratches her head. "I thought I was I wasn't going to see you guys again... I felt too many emotions that I just wanted to feel completely numb."

"Don't worry Lynx, we're here now." Irene says with a smile as she caresses Lynx's hair. "You don't have to do something like that anymore."

Lynx gives a small smile. She's grateful that Irene changed the subject.

"I won't, the headache is terrible." Lynx says.

"Chanyeol said you drank a whole bottle of tequila, how are you even up right now?" Jongin asks.

"Lynx seems to be good at everything, even drinking." Mingyu says in awe.

"Don't encourage her." Krystal gives them a disapproving look.

Lynx's eyes fall on Sehun who hasn't said a word until now. "Are you scolding me too?" she asks.

Sehun stands up and walks towards her. Lynx is prepared for another lecture but instead, Sehun gently pats her cheek. "I'll save the lectures for later. Right now, I'm just glad to see you again."

"He would've been so happy to know that you're safe." Sehun whispers. Lynx finds herself unconsciously leaning onto Sehun's touch. She remembered how Minseok said goodbye to her.

"I'm sorry." Lynx frowns.

"I should be the one apologizing," Sehun sighs. "I could've stopped him and thought of a better plan."

"Idiots," Luhan scoffs as he wraps an arm around each of them. "Do you think Minseok would be happy with the way you're acting right now? Be thankful instead of sulking, okay?"

Both Sehun and Lynx give a bitter smile. Lynx feels like crying once again but she told herself that she won't cry anymore.

"Let's just be happy that we're all together now, okay?" Jeonghan says to lighten up the atmosphere.

"The pretty boy is right." Mingyu beams. "You're all finally at the realm where you truly belong, you'll love it here."

"Come on, I'm sure you're all hungry. Let's have breakfast." Luhan says.