xlvii.

FORTY SEVEN

Baekhyun and Jongdae look at Minseok with sad yet understanding smiles on their faces.

"It's selfish of me, isn't it? I have been with Lynx her whole life, I was just supposed to take care of her until she's independent enough to live on her own but it's hard to let her go. I know she already has Chanyeol and Yixing, she doesn't need me anymore, yet... a part of me will always need her." Minseok sighs.

"It's not selfish Minseok. You can't just easily let go of someone that has been with you for twenty one years." Baekhyun says.

"The thing that makes me guilty the most is that it only applies to Lynx." Minseok says.

"It doesn't take a genius to know that Lynx is your favourite." Jongdae chuckles.

"She's been with me the longest. Kyungsoo, Irene and Jeonghan have their own families while Lynx didn't. She has always been dependent on me and even if she did suddenly act cold with me because I was forcing her to tame a descendant, I knew she still needed me." Minseok explains.

"Well you two seem inseparable. It will be hard when the time to choose comes." Baekhyun comments.

"That's why I'm making her stay in the Spiritual Realm until the war. We both need to get used to it. At the end of the day, she needs to choose the realm where she belongs too."

"Have you fully approved of the Leo descendant for Lynx? You do know that something is going on between the two, right?" Jongdae asks.

"Chanyeol was a tough nut to crack at first but he loves her, she's in good hands."

"For someone who's supposed to be a father figure, you seem pretty chill about your kids dating. Jeonghan and Joshua, Kyungsoo and Irene... or Irene and Mingyu then there's Lynx and Chanyeol." Jongdae chuckles.

Minseok rolls his eyes. "They're grown ups, they know what to do and what not to do."

"How about you? You're not getting any younger, you need to try dating at least." Baekhyun snorts.

"I'll date once this is all over. I'll date once I overthrow Orcus from his position." Minseok says smugly.

"Smart! Ladies love a powerful and responsible man." Jongdae nods.

"We all need to date after this mess." Baekhyun groans.

"Agreed. I feel like I have aged ten years since we got involved here." Jongdae says. "But we are kind of saving the world, you know? It's still pretty cool."

"Let's just hope that this will all end well and that we don't lose any more comrades when our toughest battle comes." Minseok says with a deep sigh.

"Have some faith." Baekhyun says with a reassuring smile. "It will definitely be a tough battle but we are doing everything that we can. Everyone is preparing and we're getting more allies along the way."

"I can't help but feel nervous. I have to do everything I can to make sure that I don't lead all of us into a failing battle."

"You won't, we all have each other's backs. Now stop sulking because we have work to do!" Jongdae claps as encouragement.

"You're right about that." Minseok says as he cracks his knuckles. "We need to plan the next raid and we also need to get more useful information from Taehyung."

"I think we should be less uptight on him. I mean, look how easily he told Lynx some information. She trusted him so that made him trust her as well. I think he'll easily tell us more things if we stop treating him like a prisoner." Baekhyun explains.