xxxvii.

CHAPTER THIRTY SEVEN

It was as if everything stopped right at that moment. Orcus looked completely speechless while both Chanyeol and Lynx looked at Yixing in surprise.

"Sister?! How is Lynx Reinhardt your sister?!" Orcus exclaims.

"I don't think I owe you an explanation, Orcus. I'm just here to take her back." Yixing calmly says.

"This whole time... you were an Ophiuchus descendant?!" Orcus yells.

"My master made the right decision about keeping my identity a secret," Yixing says as he cracks his knuckles. "Now then, enough talking."

Yixing together with Luhan, Sehun, Jongin, and Mingyu all charged toward Orcus and the descendants with him.

"Master, get back!" Zitao says as he pushes Orcus back.

"Ring the alarms!" Orcus commands.

It didn't take long until the red lights and sirens were activated. "Yixing! We have to go, we can't take on the whole facility yet!" Luhan shouts as he fought off a descendant.

Yixing was quick to run towards Orcus. He wrapped his hand around his neck and shoved him against a wall. "Death isn't enough punishment for you." Yixing spat.

Yixing's eyes were golden and his fangs were showing, just like Lynx whenever she loses her temper back then.

"He's truly an Ophiuchus descendant." Lynx breathes out. Her eyes were wide in surprise.

"It's not yet over!" Yixing lets Orcus go before running towards Chanyeol and Lynx. He opens a gateway and quickly pulls them in. Luhan and the others finished off their enemies before quickly running after them.

The last thing they heard was Orcus' furious commands to go after them before the gateway closed.

"Where are we, Yixing?" Mingyu asks as he looks around the unfamiliar place.

"My place," Yixing answers. "This is where I'm staying at."

"This looks like an abandoned city, there are a couple of ruins too." Sehun observes. "Is no one staying here?"

"It used to be our city until the war happened. I'm the only Ophiuchus descendant in this realm now. I lived alone for the past twenty-one years." Yixing replies.

"Why?" Yixing turns when he hears Lynx's voice. Chanyeol releases his hold on her as she walked toward Yixing. "You were hiding all these years. Did you know who I was from the moment you met me?" she asked.

Lynx looks at Yixing and sadness was evident in his expression. "I had no choice, I did it to protect you. I planned to reveal my identity to you when you were ready to go to the Spiritual Realm but it wasn't the right time." he explained.

"Are you really my brother?" Lynx asked. "But you aren't a half-blood."

"We have the same father. My mother was also an Ophiuchus descendant while your mother was a human. I'm just your half-brother but nonetheless, we're still blood-related." Yixing explains.

Lynx still looked like she couldn't believe it but she still managed to smile. "I thought I never had a family. I thought I was alone. No wonder I trusted you easily."