xvii.

Jeonghan gulps as he, Irene, and Kyungsoo entered the room. The guards behind them locked the door and the atmosphere suddenly got more intense.

"So... where's Lynx?" Jeonghan asks.

"I thought she's your baby girl?" Sehun asks back.

Jeonghan tugs at Kyungsoo's sleeve. "Why does it feel like I'm talking to my girlfriend's parents?"

"You're digging your own grave right now, shut up." Kyungsoo whispers.

"Lynx hates it when Jeonghan acts all flirty with her which is why he does it all the time." Irene explains as she goes straight to her bed to drop her bags.

"Where is she and what are you doing here?" Kyungsoo asks.

The three descendants made no response and that was when the three half-bloods started to get nervous. "Did something happen?" Irene asks.

"Master Minseok was allowed to visit her, that explains why we're here too. Chanyeol was already with Lynx by the time we're summoned," Sehun explains. "We were just catching up with each other at first but Lynx started asking questions and we had to give her warnings. A few hours ago, Taehyung and Zitao went in here to take Lynx and master Minseok."

"Warnings? About what?" Jeonghan asks.

"Lord Orcus," Luhan hisses. "He's planning on using Lynx for his own good and that's probably why she's called."

"My vision. He's interested in her power, am I right?" Kyungsoo gasps.

Luhan sighs before explaining everything to them from Jongin and Lynx's secrets up to the prophecy that Minseok said. "So that's why Lynx has gotten closer with Jongin." Jeonghan says. "But... will Lynx be okay? The same goes with master Minseok."

"Minseok is fine, I don't feel the bind fading which means he's not hurt." Luhan answers.

"She's fine too." Chanyeol adds.

Kyungsoo frowns. "I feel so insensitive, all I did was give Lynx a warning but I could've done more."

"Even our descendants knew about it, why didn't anyone tell us?" Jeonghan asks.

"That's our mistake," Sehun says. "We thought we could take care of things on our own but it turns out that Lord Orcus is already a step ahead. I hope it isn't too late yet."

"I won't be able to forgive myself if something bad happens to Lynx." Irene says. "I feel like a useless friend. I knew something was up when she was talking to Jongin but I never asked her about it."

"Don't blame yourselves, we can still find a way to help her." Luhan tells them.

Silence passes by for a moment until a gateway suddenly opens. "What's going on?" Kyungsoo asks.

The mark on Sehun's wrist suddenly starts glowing. "Master Minseok is calling me, I'll go for now." he says before entering the gateway.

"Minseok probably wants me to stay with you guys," Luhan sighs. "There's so much going on."

"What about you?" Irene asks Chanyeol. "How will you return without Lynx? Do you think she'd call you?"

Chanyeol shrugs. "It's up to her."

"Knowing her, she'd be too stubborn to call you," Kyungsoo purses his lips. "Or if you want to return to your realm, one of us could try to send you back."

"Try it," Chanyeol reaches his arm out. "I hate the temperature here."

"Can't handle the airconditioner?" Jeonghan snickers but Chanyeol cuts him off with a subtle glower. "I mean, Lynx can send Sehun and Luhan back to their realm... perhaps we can do the same for you?"