xxviii.

CHAPTER TWENTY EIGHT

Chanyeol looks at Luhan in confusion before letting out a chuckle. "Wait, do you think I like the princess?" he asks.

Luhan's brows furrow. "Your flames didn't affect Seohyun before because you love her."

"And what did I just say? She reminds me of Seohyun." Chanyeol says.

"You don't have feelings for Lynx at all?" Luhan asks.

"I've stopped feeling things ever since I lost Seohyun." Chanyeol laughs bitterly. "I'm no longer interested in getting into relationships."

Luhan frowns. "Then why are you leading Lynx on? During the time she got drunk... something happened between the two of you, am I right?"

"We kissed," Chanyeol answers. "And we both agreed that it's just a mistake. It's not a big deal."

The disappointment is evident on Luhan's face. "Lynx isn't some toy, Chanyeol. She has feelings."

"I'm not toying with her, she's different from the other girls. It's complicated, okay? The kisses were a spur of the moment thing."

"You kissed her again?" Luhan asks.

"I..." Chanyeol sighs. "As I said, it happened at the spur of the moment. I apologized to her and she's fine with it."

"Fine? You think she's fine?!" Luhan exclaims. "She was quiet for the whole trip, she kept spacing out. If we didn't tell her about Minseok then she'd still be thinking about you and that damn kiss."

"What makes you so sure that she's thinking of me?"

"It's my first time seeing Lynx like this," Luhan says. "She's been locked up her whole life, she barely talked with anyone, she's always had her guard up but she's slowly beginning to change ever since she met you."

"Do you think, I'm not the same?" Chanyeol asks and Luhan looks at him. "I'm not used to being tamed. I'm not used to this damn blood bind. Everything has changed ever since she got me and it's so damn confusing."

"You've changed a lot ever since you lost Seohyun. You changed ever since Sehun and I had to leave your side since we got a master." Luhan explains. "But now that you're with Lynx, I'm starting to see the old you again."

Chanyeol laughs. "There's no going back to the old me, Luhan. That Chanyeol died along with Seohyun so forget it. And stop being so complicated, you were all protective over Lynx before then now you're giving me advice?"

"I'm doing this for Lynx. You're saying that she's different but in the end, you're just going to disregard her like the previous women you've been with." Luhan scowls.

"That's why I'm drawing the line here because it'll be unfair for her. I'll probably never move on from Seohyun, Luhan. That's why my life has gotten this messed up." Chanyeol looks up into the night sky.

"Do you think this is what she would want for you?" Luhan asks.

"I'm sure she didn't want you to blame me either for her death but you did it anyways." he retorts.