xii.

CHAPTER TWELVE

Irene silently watches as Lynx gets out of the bathroom. Her hair is dripping wet and she looks more relaxed now than she was before. She is suspicious though, she's been roommates with Lynx for so long and there's one thing she's sure of and that is the fact that Lynx takes quick showers.

Irene also felt a stinging sensation on her wrist earlier while Lynx was in the bathroom. Kyungsoo and Jeonghan failed to notice it. Irene assumed that Lynx probably called Chanyeol but she kept wondering on why she had to call him privately. Irene also knows that Lynx and Jongin have been keeping secrets from them lately.

"Where are they?" Lynx asks, referring to Jongdae and Junmyeon who are no longer in the room.

"They were called for a meeting, that's what Junmyeon said." Kyungsoo replies. "My intuition says it's about us."

"We've been behaving well, perhaps they're finally letting us go?" Jeonghan asks.

"That's too good to be true," Kyungsoo sighs. "Lord Orcus won't let that happen."

"He's probably searching for more reasons to keep us locked up in here. That's more realistic." Irene says.

"Thank you for crushing the small amount of hope I had." Jeonghan sarcastically says.

"Even milady seems gloomy." Mingyu comments.

"I'm not gloomy Mingyu, I'm just being realistic." Irene says. "If I keep my hopes up, I'd just end up getting disappointed."

"What exactly were you hoping for anyways?" Kyungsoo asks.

"Master Minseok," Irene answers. "Luhan and Sehun as well. I thought they'd at least come to comfort us but they didn't and it's all because of Lord Orcus' orders."

Lynx's eyes meet Irene's and she really wants to speak up. Luhan and Sehun are finding ways to help them but she can't tell them, at least not yet.

"I'm sure Master Minseok is doing everything in his power to help us. You know what his descendants told us back then, he has it tough too. It's not just us." Kyungsoo says.

Irene nods. "I guess it wouldn't hurt to keep hoping." she gives a small smile which Kyungsoo returns.

Meanwhile, there is a meeting going on at the other end up the facility. Orcus, the other higher ups, and the mentors were all in the meeting room.

"The rejects are well behaved. They follow my orders well. They all listen to Junmyeon as well." Jongdae says and Junmyeon nods in agreement.

"That's good to hear," Orcus nods. "And how about the tamers that they fought?"

"They only suffered minor injuries. Most are already back to their training." one of the mentors say.

"Very well," Orcus says. "Continue to monitor these rejects and keep doing what you're doing Jongdae. Make sure they don't find a way to remove the bracelets, it'd be best if they can't use their powers for now."

"How long will we keep this up though?" Jongdae asks. "I have my own team to take care of as well. You can't keep Minseok out of this any longer."

"Just follow my orders for now Jongdae," Orcus says. "You may go back to your previous team once the research is complete."

Jongdae gives him a skeptic look. "Research? I thought this is all for disciplinary actions."

"It was originally," Orcus answers. "But after finding out that one of them is an Ophiuchus descendant, I just cannot sit still."