Chapter 3: The Dorm

Ally's POV

I leaned against the brick wall of the building, waited impatiently outside of our dorm. We we're all driving ourselves and our luggage over here and Dinah and I arrived first. Lauren was the one who had the key. My eyes were just starting to close when I heard Dinah begin to speak.

"Do Normani and Camila like you?"

I turned my head slowly to see her sitting on our front steps, her legs crossed in front of her and her arms propping her up. "What?"

She shrugged. "It just seems like they like you."

"What do you mean?" I asked even though I knew exactly what she meant. She raised an eyebrow at me and I looked down at the ground.

Dinah sighed out of frustration. "You're gonna have a tough time living in this dorm my friend."

I glared at her. "You're not my friend."

She shrugged again and rolled her eyes but didn't reply.

"Where is Lauren? I need to freshen up!" Normani announced as she got out of her car walked up to the front door. She glanced at Dinah and then trained her gaze on me. I stared at the ground, refusing to make eye contact.

"Obviously she's not here." Dinah snapped.

"Well aren't you in a lovely mood?"

Two more cars pulled up in front of our dorm. Lauren unlocked the door without a word and then went back to grab her luggage.

Camila's POV

I only had two suitcases and a large purse, but they were a lot heavier than I remembered. I struggled to lift my biggest bag out of the trunk of my car but I was the only one still in the parking lot and I knew that none of my roommates were going to help me. I heard the sound of shoes crunching against gravel right before I nearly fell backwards. Strong arms wrapped around my waist and my suitcase crashed beside me.

I stood back up and turned to face Lauren who ran her fingers through her hair. "Are you okay?" I nodded and reached down to grab my luggage. Lauren gently pushed my hand away and gave me a small smile. "I'll take it."

I had no idea why she was being so nice to me, but I wasn't going to do anything to make her change her mind.

Normani's POV

The inside of the dorm was completely white. The beds, walls, doors, built in bookshelves, dressers, they were all plain white. There were three beds on one side of the room and two on the other; three dressers against the far wall, and two closets. There were two windows on each of the walls that the beds were next to, and two attached bathrooms. I immediately called the bed on the left of the side with two. I scanned the room as I started to unload my stuff. I couldn't figure out a good excuse for me to have one of the closets instead of a dresser. I watched Ally as she carefully removed her clothes out of her luggage. I didn't think she was very fond of any of us but she seemed...interesting somehow. She'd chosen the farthest bed from me: the right one on the other wall. I couldn't quite figure out whether or not she did that on purpose...

Dinah's POV

It was going to be incredibly awkward living with two girls who weren't exactly...straight. I wasn't one to judge, but I had a feeling that this might not go over very smoothly with Ally.

Camila crashed through the door carrying two bags with Lauren right behind her carrying one. She took the bed on the other side of me and Lauren went to go put her sheets on the one next to Normani's.

No one said anything for a while as we unloaded our stuff. "Hey, guys?" Normani starts. We looked up at her and she seemed very uncomfortable. "Can I have one of the closets?"

I shrugged, and Camila and Lauren nodded. "As long as I get the other one." Ally told her. Normani smiled, relieved and walked over to the closet on her side of the room.

"What time is it?" Camila asked. I turned to see her sprawled out on her bed with her bags only half unpacked.

"It's almost six." Lauren responded as she shoved her clothes in one of the dressers.

"I'm starving!" Camila complained.

"Go to the cafeteria."

"I don't wanna go alone!" Lauren rolled her eyes and didn't say anything else.

I realized that I was actually pretty hungry too. "Do you want me to go with you?" I asked Camila. She nodded frantically and dragged me out of the room before I could protest.

Lauren's POV

I could tell that at least two people in this room were bi and Camila was definitely one of them. I wasn't quite sure how I felt about rooming with them but I knew that I couldn't change it. I kind of wanted Camila to like me...but why? Normani went in the bathroom to take a shower and I was left alone with Ally. She was the only one who hadn't tried to be nice to any of us yet. I stretched out on my bed with my head on the very end and grabbed my phone.

"Lauren?" I looked up to see Ally sitting with her legs crossed on her bed, nervously playing with her hands.

"Yeah?"

"Do you really think Normani and Camila like me?"

I rolled my eyes. "Yeah."

"But they're girls." I let out a sarcastic laugh and continued to scroll through my Tumblr. "Lauren, come on!"

"Why would you need my help?"

"Because I don't want to hurt their feelings."

I squinted at her. "You don't look like the kind if person that would care about anyone else's feelings.

She shrugged. "I'm not. But it's easy to let down a guy: they just bounce right back up and find someone else." I put down my phone and sat up. "Girls hurt a lot more when they're in pain and I have to live with these girls."

I nodded, understanding her problem. "Just...don't tell them yet. Figure out who you want to let down first. Friend zone them."

She scrunched up her nose and pondered my suggestion. "But what happens if I end up liking them?"

I looked at her like she was crazy. "What are you talking about?"

"I get attached to people sometimes."

"Okay, well, Ally that's a big 'what if'." I reply. "We'll cross that bridge when we get to it."

She nodded and gave me a small smile. "Thank you." I grinned back a little and then got lost in the world of Tumblr.

A/N: Hii okay so I obviously didn't do a good job of keeping the second person who was bi a secret but oh well haha. I hope you guys are liking the story so far! I'm going to be writing some Fifth Harmony One-Shots so you can tell me what you want them to be! I'll update again on Sunday and yeah comment, vote, and read and byeee :-) :-P ;-) O:-)

Also its Dinah and Siope's two-year anniversary so happy anniversary to Dope!!! haha <33