Chapter 8: Only Trust Yourself

A Few Days Later
Normani's POV

We all sat at one of the many tables in Yogurt Mountain, enjoying our snacks and talking. I wasn't actually talking that much, though. I felt like the second I opened my mouth, I would tell Ally the secret. For three days, I had ignored her every time we were alone, which hurt me a lot more than you can imagine. I hated not being able to tell her that the girl she was falling in love with probably didn't even love her back. I watched Camila as she smiled and giggled with Ally but I was almost certain that she was holding Lauren's hand under the table. I couldn't believe that even Dinah was cruel enough to make me promise to lie to someone that I truly cared about.

"Are you eating that with your eyes?" Camila teased. I looked up and glared at her before taking a spoonful of my yogurt. She shook it off and turned to Dinah. "So, Dinah?"

"Yes, Mila?" At some point in the last week, we had all given each other nicknames.

"How's Siope?" She wiggled her eyebrows and Dinah blushed.

"Well, actually-"

"Dinah! Hey, I didn't expect to see you here!" Siope was standing beside our table with a couple of his football friends.

"Hi!" She answered nervously.

"So, there was something I was meaning to ask you..." We all exchanged expectant glances before shifting our eyes back and forth from Dinah to Siope. "I'm having a party tomorrow night and I was wondering if you wanted to come? You can bring your friends of course."

"Sounds fun!" Lauren piped up.

"Yeah," Dinah agreed. "We'll be there!"

"Cool," Siope smiled, relieved. "If I could get your number then I could text you the address and stuff?" We squealed silently the second he turned around to grab his phone out of his backpack. After getting her number, he turned to us. "Well, I guess I'll see you guys tomorrow night? Bye, Dinah." He winked at her before walking out with his friends.

"A party?" Camila asked.

"Something wrong with that?" My voice was a lot harsher than I intended it to be. Lauren kicked me under the table and gave me a look. I wasn't sure if she was trying to tell me to calm down or to stop being mean to Camila.

"Well, I've never really been to a party before..."

"It'll be fine, I promise." Ally told her with a smile that made my stomach turn.

"Will there be alcohol?"

Dinah's POV

"What are you, four?" Normani snapped. "Its a high school party!"

"Normani," I warned.

"I just don't get how she couldn't have at least heard about what goes on at a party."

"Well, I've heard enough." Camila said, standing up. "And I'm not going."

"What?! Mila you have to go!" Ally begged, rising from her chair as well. "It won't be the same without you!"

"Ally, are you freaking blind?!" Mani finally shouted, causing a few heads to turn our direction.

"What are you talking about?"

"We know you're dating her." Ally's eyes widened but she didn't say anything. "And I just can't figure out why."

"What do you mean?"

"Is your little relationship built on trust?" Normani asked, stepping closer to Camila.

Camila's POV