Chapter 12: Sorry Doesn't Fix It

That Monday

Camila's POV

"RISE AND SHINE, SHINE AND RISE! IT'S MONDAY, SO OPEN YOUR EYES!" Lauren shouted as she ran around the room, yanking the blinds open on all of the windows.

"Why would Monday be a reason to open your eyes?" Normani grumbled.

"IT BURNS!" I cried when Lauren pulled the covers from over my head.

"Morning, Camz." She said, leaning down to kiss my cheek.

"Morning, LoLo." I answer, shooting her a sleepy smile.

"Eww," Dinah teased, laughing as she came out of the bathroom with her toothbrush still in her mouth.

"Up and at 'em, Mani!" Lauren demanded, pulling the sheets off of her as well.

I watched as our friend stumbled to the bathroom without a word, nearly hitting herself with the door as she closed it.

"Alright," Lauren announced, jumping onto her bed. "I think that's everyone!" She began to count the people she had woken up this morning; starting with herself: "1...2...3...4-" she stopped suddenly as realization hit us and our smiles fell from our faces.

Lauren's POV

I hopped down from my bed in silence. How could I forget about Ally? Normani came out of the bathroom to get her outfit for the day and her eyes were red. It was obvious that she had been crying. How could I have been so stupid? "Mani?" I tried, but she didn't look up. "Normani, I'm sorry. I know how much you cared about Ally-"

"I cared about her too!" Camila protested.

"No you didn't!" Normani snapped. "If you really cared about her, none of this would've happened in the first place!"

"It's not my fault!"

"Then whose fault is it, Camila?"

"Lauren's!" she blurted.

I stared at her in shock. "Me?! How?!"

"You kissed me!"

"I was drunk and you could've stopped me!"

"You grabbed my arm!"

"God gave you two, didn't He?"

"Great, now we're back to hating each other!" Dinah said sarcastically as she made her way to the door. "If I don't come home right after school, then I'll either be with Siope or at the hospital...or both. Bye." She slammed the door as she walked out.

Dinah's POV

"Its just...Normani seems so empty." I say to Siope, who was sitting across from me at our lunch table. Lauren and Camila found some other friends to sit with, -  separately - and Normani wasn't talking to anyone. "And its almost like Camila doesn't care."

"Like she probably never liked Ally all that much in the first place?" He asks, taking one of my fries.

I nodded. "Exactly..."

"So, do you think it's her fault?"

I shrugged. "She was the majority of it, but Lauren's the one that kissed her, Normani's the one that showed Ally when it happened, and I'm the one that told her to wait across the street."

"And I'm the idiot with a Target across from his house." I laughed and rolled my eyes. We sat in comfortable silence for a minute. "Dinah?" I looked up from my food. "Have you visited Ally since you left her yesterday morning?" I shook my head. "Do you wanna go now?"

I raised my eyebrows at him. "And skip school?"

He shrugged. "Why not?"

"Because this is a private performing arts school. They're really strict here!" He looked down at the table, embarrassed for coming up with the idea. "Hey," I say, gently tilting his head back up with my hand. "Thanks for caring; I really appreciate it." I smiled at him and he gave me a shy grin back. The bell rang at that moment and we joined everyone around as they shot up from their tables to head to their next class.

"Siope!" I called after him. He turned back around to face me. "Can you take me after school? You know: to see Ally?" He nodded, "of course", and gave me a light kiss on the cheek before becoming nearly invisible in the crowd.

Ally's POV

Its only been two days since I slipped into my coma, and I'm already bored out my mind. Sleeping stops being fun when it's the only thing you can do.

"Ally?" Normani. I heard her walk over and sit on the chair next to my bed." Hey, how do you feel?" She sighed and took my hand in hers. "Why am I asking you questions? You probably can't even hear me. But I guess I'll talk to you anyways...not that I mind talking to you, it's just- Sorry, I'm rambling; I'll stop." I wanted to laugh, but that obviously wasn't an option. "I miss you..."

I miss you too. I started imaging my replys to her. All four of you guys.

"I had a dream about you last night."

What was it about?

"We were at a carnival and all five of us won each other stuffed animals. Lauren won Camila a bunny, Dinah got a puppy, Lauren got a tiger, I got a bear, and you got a kitten." She laughed a little before continuing. "You got a sugar high off of all the cotton candy you ate and kept calling me 'ManiBear'. To get back at you, I called you 'Allycat'."

I would laugh. That's adorable!

She paused, brushing some hair out of my face. "Would you mind if I called you that: Allycat?"

Of course not! That's so cute!

She took a deep breath and both her hands were removed from me. "God, I probably sound insane."

You're not insane.

"Please don't leave me, Ally." 

Can't you see I'm trying!? Wait, no. That would be rude...

"We're fighting again...the girls and I..."

Oh no! Why?

"They um...they kind of forgot about you this morning."

Oh...

"Then we were blaming each other..."

Its my fault.

"But I guess it's all of our faults, isn't it?"

Yeah, I guess so...

I heard footsteps, so I assumed that more people had entered the room.

Normani's POV

Lauren, Camila, and Dinah came in, ending my talk with Ally. "How is she?" Lauren asked.

"How am I supposed to know: she can't talk!" I snapped.

"You could've asked the doctor."

"If you wanted to know so much, then why didn't you ask him?"

"I'm sorry..."

"Sorry doesn't change the fact that someone that we all care about is lying here in a hospital bed that she might never leave." The room was silent after that.

Dinah sighed. "We shouldn't fight in front of her."

Camila nodded. "I know that sorry doesn't fix everything, but you guys, I'm really sorry about this morning."

"Same..." I murmured. "I'm sorry..."

"I just wished there was some way we could fix her..." Dinah mumbled.

I nodded. "Same..." I felt tears run down my cheeks as I scanned the visible portion of Ally's bruised and broken body. "I'm sorry..."

A/N: So, just a heads up, this won't stop being depressing for a while, sorry. But...I really, really hope that you guys are liking the story!! I already have the next few chapters written but I'll be happy to use any ideas that you guys might have! Thanks so much for reading! Comment, vote, and byeee :-) :-P ;-) O:-)