Chapter 21: Part 2

Dinah's POV

"Where exactly are you taking me?" I asked the boy, who had finally told me that his name was Troy.

"To the football field."

"Well, yes, but why?"

"Didn't I already tell you that it was a secret?"

"You're no fun." I huffed, crossing my arms over my chest.

"And you're impatient."

"The nerve..." I mumbled under my breath.

"Lucky for you, we're here."

We stopped in front of the admission gates where he handed me off to another football player. "Have fun." he said to me before turning to the other guy. "She's a handful."

"I am not!" I protested as Troy rolled his eyes and walked away.

"I'm Austin." The other guy told me as he walked me to the actual field.

"Dinah." I answered. "And where are you taking me?"

"Okay, I'm going to let you in on a little secret-"

"Finally!"

"This whole thing was set up by your boyfriend."

"Siope?" I asked, surprised.

"Do you have another boyfriend?"

"No! No, no, I just...didn't expect it."

"Why?"

"I don't really wanna tell you..."

"Come on! I told you a secret. Now it's your turn."

"I um...thought he was cheating on me." I admitted.

"What?! Why would you think that?!"

"Well, because he's been distant and taking random phone calls, and-"

"Okay, first of all, the phone calls were from me, Troy, and Arin-"

"Who's Arin?"

"You'll meet him further down. Anyway, we were discussing this whole plan so that he could make it perfect for you."

"Really?"

"Yeah, he's crazy about you, Dinah! You are literally all he talks about!"

"Then why was he acting so weird."

"What do you mean?"

"He wasn't talking to me as much and-"

"That's because he can't keep a secret! He would've told you what he had planned for tonight if he had talked to you."

Well, I'm an idiot, I thought to myself. "We're here." We stopped walking once we had arrived at the field. "This is Arin. Arin, Dinah, Dinah, Arin." I gave him a small wave, as I was still slightly distracted.

"Right this way, ma'am." I followed Arin to a table that was set up in the middle of the grass. He pulled out my chair and took my jacket as I sat down.

"What is all this?" I asked him as I gazed around the dark field that was illuminated by the stadium lights.

"You'll see."

"Dinah!" I turned my head just as Arin left to see Siope.

"Hey!" I stood up to hug him, giving him a soft kiss on the lips and hoping that he had no idea I thought he was cheating on me.

"Happy one-month Anniversary, babe!"

Oh.

Lauren's POV