Chapter 28: Guardian Angel

That Friday
Ally's POV

"Ally..." A soft voice whispered from behind me.

"What?" I groaned, not yet ready to get up and face the day.

"Its time to get up, baby."

I smiled to myself. "I like it better when you call me 'Angel'."

"Why?"

"I don't know."

"You don't like it when I call you 'baby'?"

"That's not what I said. I just like it more when you call me 'Angel'."

"Fine, Angel," she huffed. "How's your head?"

"Better."

"Your ankle?"

"Still a little sore."

"How about your heart?"

"What?" I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion.

"Did you figure out who you like yet?"

"Oh...not really..."

"Okay..." she paused. "Were you aware of what you were doing at the hospital on Tuesday?"

I shrugged as I sat up, her arm slowly falling off of my waist. I knew exactly what I had done that day, and I wasn't sure whether or not I regretted it. However, I did know that I was upset with Camila for stopping me from kissing Normani. It probably wouldn't be the best idea to have our first kiss in a hospital in front of our friends, though.  "Um, n-not really." I lied. "I was in a lot of pain; I don't really remember anything."

She nodded, clearly aware that I wasn't telling the truth. "Okay...well...are you going to come to the party tonight?"

"What?"

"Siope's party tonight. Dinah told us about it the day you ran out into the hallway and-"

"Yeah, I remember what happened." I snapped.

She just looked at me for a second. "You don't have to go."

"Good, because I won't."

"Okay." she shrugged, standing up and walking over to the bathroom. "Just tell me if there's anything I can do to help you." I watched her enter the small room, and shut the door behind her.

"What are you all snappy for?" Lauren asked from her bed.

"I don't know..." I mumbled. "This is just so frustrating."

"Not knowing who you like?" I nodded. "Its not something you have to figure out right now."

"I feel like it is..."

"There's no pressure, Ally."

"She's asked me every day this week."

"That doesn't mean you have to answer her."

"Well, I feel like I do."

"Maybe you need to start thinking with your head instead of your heart. That might get you into logical situations instead of deadly ones." I sighed, crawling out of bed to get my clothes from my closet. "Speaking of dead...did you mean what you said on Tuesday?"

"I said a lot of things on Tuesday, Laur."

"When you were yelling at me. You said 'maybe I don't want to be alive'."

I froze, my hand still on a hanger. "You remembered that?"

"Have you even eaten anything all week?"