Chapter 11: I'm Movin On

Normani's POV

When I woke up the next morning, I had a blanket over me and I was in a lot of pain: physically and emotionally. After we realized that sleeping was probably a good idea, the girls and I made a few "beds" that were just a couple of chairs each. I guess a nurse came in while we were sleeping, to check on Ally, and gave us the blankets.

Ally. I can't believe she might never wake up. That she could die right there in that hospital bed. I put my head in my hands, sat up, and took a deep breath. A sharp pain ran through my back. Those chairs were not comfortable.

I slowly got up, careful not to aggravate my muscles too much, and walked over to Ally's bed. I sat down in the empty chair that was still there from last night. "Ally?" I whispered. She didn't move; I don't know why I thought she would. I let my eyes scan her face, taking in the beauty behind the cuts and scars. I felt a few tears run down my cheeks when I realized that I might never again see her pretty eyes full of happiness, the way they almost always were.

But maybe she wouldn't remember any of this. The doctor said amnesia was a possible side effect to a concussion, right? Maybe we could start over. Maybe this time I could have her first. I just hoped she wouldn't remember the pain. The pain of being nearly crushed by a car; heartbroken by people you thought you could trust. I didn't want her to remember that part when she woke up. If she woke up. 

"Normani, what time is it?" Camila.

I checked my phone before answering. "10:19."

She groaned and stood up to stretch. "That wasn't even eight hours."

I shrugged and looked over at Lauren who just came out of the bathroom.

She gave Ally a longing look before turning back to us. "You guys ready to go?" I didn't answer: I wasn't ready to leave Ally just yet. Lauren sighed when she didn't receive a reply. "I got someone to make copies of the keys." She tossed Camila and I a set and the third one landed beside Dinah who sat up, startled from her sleep. "Come home whenever you want." And then she left.

Dinah's POV

The room was completely silent, save for the loud creaking of the chairs as I stood up. I glanced over at Ally. "She's still breathing." I note quietly.

Normani and Camila nodded slowly. "Do you guys wanna go home?" Mila asked.

Normani shook her head. "I don't wanna leave her yet."

I took a deep breath a walked over to my friend, who stared with glassy eyes at the sleeping girl in front of her. "Normani?" I start, taking a seat next to her. "Normani, she'll be okay." She shook her head again and started to cry. "No," I gently grabbed her chin and made her look me in the eyes. "She'll be okay, Mani. Please don't cry; she'll be okay."

"H-how do you k-know?" She stuttered.

"I...I don't know." I say truthfully. "But you have to believe it, okay?" She nodded but began to sob even harder. I wrapped my arms around her and heard Camila sniffling behind us. "Let's go home, okay? Staying here isn't healthy for any of us."

Camila's POV

When we got back to the dorm, Lauren was asleep on her bed with an empty box of tissues next to her and at least fifty used tissues surrounding her. No one talked as we silently decided who would take their showers first: Normani ad Dinah. After a few minutes, I walked over to Lauren's bed to wake her up.

She blinked her eyes a few times until they met mine. "Hey, Camz..." She muttered in her raspy voice.

"Hey, LoLo..." She sat up and held her arms out before pulling me in for a hug. "Will she be okay, Lauren?"

She didn't answer for at least a full minute of us just sitting there. "I don't want to think about that right now." She finally said. I found myself starting to cry again and she held me tighter. "But I really, really hope so." She rubbed my back in slow circles. "What usually makes you happy, Camila?"

I shrugged. "Pizza..."

She chuckled slightly. "Wow, you're low maintenance." I smiled and she kissed my temple. "You wanna come with me to get some pizza, Camz?"

I nodded. "But drive slow."

"Okay," She grinned a little and took my hand as we walked out the door.

Dinah's POV

I sat on my bed, just staring at the halfway mark between Normani's wall and Lauren's. Why haven't we gotten a TV yet? There was a knock at the door and I stood up to answer it. I felt my whole face light up at the sight of the person in front of me. "Siope!"

"Hey, Dinah!" He smiled and gave me a kiss on the cheek. I let him in and he sat down on the edge of my bed. "What's been going on with you?"

My happy mood almost immediately drained out of me. "Um...Ally...she um...she's..."

He noticed me start to cry and gently pulled me in for a hug. "What happened?" He asked quietly.

"She's in a coma, Siope..." I managed to spit out before bursting into tears. "She got hit by a car last night..."

He stayed silent, but I guess there really was nothing to say. Just having him there was enough for me. "What can I do for you, DJ?"

I smiled and lifted my head off of his chest. "We don't have a TV..." I wiggled my eyebrows at him and he laughed.

"I'm not buying you a TV, Dinah."

I sighed, pretending to be distraught. "Can you sing?"

"No."

"Act?"

"No."

"Dance?"

"No."

"Well what can you do?!"

He shrugged. "I can play football. Do you have a football?"

I looked at him like he was crazy. "Why would five teenage girls own a football?'

"Maybe because their boyfriend plays football?"

I blushed and hugged my knees to my chest. "Boyfriend?"

I could see his cheeks turn red as he looked down at the floor. "Um..."

"Hey, I'm totally cool with it!" I say reassuringly. "So now that you're my boyfriend..." I start. "Would you like to buy me something?"

He rolled his eyes. "Dinah Jane Hansen, I am not buying you a TV!"

Normani's POV

When I came out of the bathroom after my shower, I was the only one in the dorm. I could see Siope and Dinah throwing a football outside. Who knows where they got that from. I had no idea where Lauren and Camila went, but I wasn't really sure that I cared. Whether or not they were here, I would be alone. I had no one, I've never had anyone. My mom died when I was young, and my aunt was never home when I was. Lauren and Camila had each other, Dinah had Siope, but I didn't have anyone. As much as I wished for it to happen, Ally would never want me. She would probably go right back to Camila. Everyone loves Camila.

I heard a door slam out front and I walked to the window by my bed to see my other roommates come out of Lauren's car carrying a pizza box. How could all of them move on so fast? How could Dinah look so happy? How could Lauren and Camila laugh that hard despite what was going on? Did anyone feel the way I did about Ally? Would anyone ever love me back?

A/N: Kay so that last part was kind of depressing...but anyways I wanted to know if I should change the updates to Mondays and Fridays? I don't know just Sundays and Wednesday's seems really random haha. So tell me your opinions about that and also how you're liking the story and stuff you want me to put in future chapters...things like that. And comment, vote, and thanks so much for reading!! Byeee :-) :-P ;-) O:-)