Chapter 36: I Will Remember You

3:30am

Ally's POV

"Mani?" I whispered, desperately trying to shake my girlfriend out of her sleep.

"What, Ally?" she groaned.

"Shh!" I demanded. "The other girls aren't awake yet!"

"What time is it?" She turned over to bury her face in her pillow.

I rolled my eyes and checked her phone that was on her nightstand. "3:37."

She groaned again and I shushed her once more. "I need you to take me to the hospital."

She sat up immediately. "Why? Are you okay? What's wrong? Are you hurt?"

"Please just hurry up and get the car."

"Baby, please tell me you're okay?" She begged.

I paused. "You'll see."

9:45am

Ally's POV

"Someone out here says there's a bear looking for you?" The doctor said when he poked his head into my room.

I looked at him like he was crazy, and before I could even say "a what?", he moved out of the way to let someone run in. "ManiBear!" I cried happily at the sight of my girlfriend. She cupped my face and crashed her soft lips against mine. I heard the doctor's shoes click against the tiled floor as he walked away.

"I missed you, Angel..." Normani whispered, slightly out of breath.

I smiled as I started to play with her hair. "It was only six hours."

"That's too long..." she kissed my bottom lip. "...too long without you."

I let our foreheads touch and ran one of my hands from her neck down to her hand. I intertwined our fingers and gazed into her eyes. I glanced back down and drew hearts on the back of her hand with my thumb. Her eyes were closed when I looked up again. "Normani?" She shook her head a little and her eyes slowly fluttered open. "Aww, baby," I say, running my thumbs gently over her eyes. "Did you sleep at all after I left?"

"Not really," she admitted. "I was too worried."

"About what?"

"About you."

"Why would you have to worry about me?"

"I always worry about you. I don't ever wanna lose you again." She put her head on my shoulder and took a deep whiff of my hair; the way she always did when she was trying not to cry.

"It's okay, Mani," I say, rubbing her back with my hand in an attempt to calm her down. I wrapped my arms around her neck and brought her close. "You're not going to lose me anymore...it's okay."

"I'm sorry..." she said, laughing slightly as she lifted her head and pulled away. "I'm such a crybaby." I lightly touched my lips to the tip of her nose. "What did the doctor say?"

"He said I'm back to normal!" I shrieked excitedly.

She screamed and spun me around in a circle before setting me back down on the bed. "That's amazing, Allycat!" She kissed me again, but it was shorter this time because we were smiling too much. "You know I'd love you either way, right?"

I beamed at her. "So I've heard."

She laughed and hugged me tight. "Let's go home, baby."

"Wait!" I demanded as she was about to walk out the door.