Chapter 21: Part 3

Camila's POV

"So, how was your shopping trip?" I asked Normani and Ally as we sat down at a booth in the pizza place. They were on one side while Lauren and I were on the other. They blushed and exchanged hurried glances.

"Umm..." Normani began.

*Flashback*
Normani's POV

"Now that we're alone..." Ally started. "Will you please, please, please tell me where that guy took Dinah?"

"Ally-" I tried to protest.

"Please, ManiBear?" her bottom lip slipped out of her mouth and she widened her already adorable brown eyes. "Pwease?"

"No! Stop it!" I put my had to the side of my face so that I couldn't see her.

"Come on! I'll buy you something!"

I glanced around the store until I saw something I would want. "That," I pointed to a tiara that was hanging up on the wall. "I want that."

"Okay.." she walked over to remove it, then bring it back to me.

"Thank you!" I beamed at her before placing the crown on my head.

"You're beautiful..." She murmured, but I pretended not to hear her.

"How do I look?" I sucked in my cheeks and did my best royal wave.

She laughed. "You look like a fish princess...but a princess nonetheless. Now, if I buy that for you, will you tell me?"

"Okay, first of all." I said as we walked to the register. "'That guy' has a name."

"And what would that be?"

"Troy. Troy Ogletree."

"And he's a football player, right?"

"Right. Siope had this elaborate plan for him and Dinah's one-month anniversary and it involves Troy and two other guys. I don't remember their names."

"That's it?"

"What?"

"Why couldn't you tell me that?

I shrugged. "He said I couldn't tell anyone until after six thirty."

"Why?" She asked. "Take off the tiara."

I did. "Because he said she probably wouldn't arrive until then and he didn't want to jinx it."

"Oh...well why did he tell you?" I watched as the cashier rung up our purchase.

I raised and eyebrow at her. "Is that supposed to be some sort of insult or...?"

"No, no, no, I was just wondering why he picked you out of all of his other friends."

"I don't know." I shrugged again. "I guess he needed someone to tell. Plus, I'm in his first period."

"Okay, that makes sense." she decided, handing me my bag. "You ready to go meet the other two, Princess?"

My heart skipped a beat at the new nickname. "Sure am, Angel."

*End of Flashback*
Camila's POV

"It was pretty uneventful." Ally finally answered. "What about you?"

"Camila has a sister!" Lauren announced proudly.