Chapter 22: Back to the Way It Was

Ally's POV

"Hey, guys!" Dinah shouted when she finally came home.

"Will you shut up?" Lauren yelled back. "Can't you see we're trying to sleep?"

"What time is it?"

"Time for you to go to bed."

I rolled my eyes. "Its 10:30."

"Yeah, well I'm tired, so shut up!"

"Okay, girl, sorry!" Dinah apologized. "I'm gonna take my shower."

"Yeah, whatever have fun."

"LoLo, calm down." Camila laughed.

"I'm tired!"

"We're all tired!"

"Then go to bed!"

"I can't! I'm doing homework!"

"Do it in the morning!"

"Oh, now who's yelling?" Dinah teased as she threw her bag down on her bed and walked over to the bathroom. "Where's Mani?"

"In the other bathroom." I answered.

"Alright, well, you guys go to sleep and I'll tell you about my date in the morning."

"Ooh, yay!" Camila clapped excitedly.

"Take your shower quietly!" Lauren demanded.

20 Minutes Later

I woke up suddenly at the sound of something hitting the floor. "What was that?" I mumbled.

Lauren slowly climbed out of bed and padded across the carpet to the other side of the room. "Camila fell out of bed." She giggled. "Camz? Camz, wake up."

"What?" I heard the smaller girl groan.

"You're on the floor."

"The floor is comfortable." Lauren just shook her head and laughed. "Stay down here with me."

"No! Its dirty!"

"Its not that dirty." she argued.

"Yeah it is! There's food all over it."

"Can you guys shut up?" Normani asked as she emerged from the bathroom.

"Please, LoLo?" Camila begged.

The taller girl finally sighed and gave in, dragging one of the other girl's pillows with her.

"Mani?" I whispered into the darkness.

"Yes, Angel?"

"Come here."

I waited a few seconds until I saw her silouhette by my bed. "Yes?" She repeated.

"Will you lay with me?"

I could hear the smile in her voice as she spoke: "Of course." She climbed in next to me, pulling the covers up to her chin. "You okay?" She asked quietly as she ran her fingers over my cheek.

"I'm fine..." I paused, realizing that I didn't really have a reason for her being here with me. "I just...I um...wanted..."

"S' okay." she whispered. "You don't need a reason." she leaned forward just slightly to kiss my forehead.

I sighed, ignoring the feeling I got when she kissed me. "This has been the longest day of my life."

"I know...you woke up, took a shower, yelled at me, went to school, tripped, drove with Camila to the hospital, rode piggyback out of the hospital, got frozen yogurt, had your friend whisked away by some random football player, went to the mall, and then had dinner at a pizza place with me!" She touched my nose lightly with the tip of her finger on the last word and I couldn't help the smile that formed on my face. I had to bite my tongue to keep from telling her that she was cute when she rambled.