Chapter 26: Just Hold On

Vote Count:
8 - Camila shouldn't like Ally
2 - Camila should like Ally
So...

Camila's POV

"No." I finally decided. "No, I only like you, Lauren."

"Good." she said with a smile as she finished getting dressed. "Now, who wants to wake up the lovely couple?"

"NOT IT!" Dinah shouted from the bathroom. "THEY NEVER LISTEN TO ME!"

"Well, I don't wanna do it..." I grumbled.

"And why is that?" Lauren asked with an eyebrow raised.

"Because...I don't know...I still feel kind of awkward around her..."

"Fine. Then I'll do it."  she said defiantly as she stomped over to Ally's bed. "WAKE UP!" she yelled, yanking the sheets off of them.

"LAUREN!" Normani shrieked, right before Ally shot up with a high pitched scream. And she wasn't kidding: she was definitely terrified of something. "Ally?" Normani whispered, slowly placing her hand on her back. The smaller girl didn't answer her, and you could see that she was shaking. "Angel, look at me." She gently grabbed her chin and even from where I was sitting, you could see the horror in her eyes.

"Oh my God, I'm so sorry, Ally." Lauren said as she reached forward. But the other girl just buried her face in Normani's shoulder.

"Its not you," Normani told her.

"Then what it is?"

"I don't know...I think maybe she had a flashback or something."

"Of when she got hit?"

"Yeah." she nodded before turning her attention back to Ally. "Allycat?"

"ManiBear..." came the muffled reply.

"You're okay, baby. You're safe here. You're always safe here." She spoke quietly as she rubbed small circles on her back. "We'll keep you safe. You're okay." Slowly but surely, Ally's arms wrapped around Normani's neck, and the taller girl pulled her into a tight hug. "I've got you, baby."

Lauren turned to me with a pout on her face. "Baby!" she mouthed.

I nodded back and smiled excitedly. "They're so cute!"

At Lunch
Dinah's POV

"Hey, dawgs!" I greeted Camila and Lauren as I sat down across from them at our usual lunch table.

"Hey, Dinah!" Camila smiled brightly.

"Where's the other lovely couple? I have to tell you guys something."

"Oh my God are you pregnant?!"

I just stared at her while Lauren burst out laughing. "No, Chancho."

"'The lovely couple' was talking to the nurse last time I saw them." Lauren told me. "I think someone tried to trip Ally or something."

"Really? Wow, that's awful."

"I know. I feel really bad for her."

"Hi, girlies." Normani chirped as she sat down next to me, holding Ally's hand.

"Ally, are you okay?" Camila asked worriedly.

"Uh, yeah..." she replied. I knew that Ally still liked Camila, and vice versa. They tried to deny it because Camila was dating Lauren, and Ally was practically dating Normani, but I could tell that they still had feelings for each other. "I just got a floor burn on my knee...no big deal..."

"But if I had been there when that guy tripped her, it would've been a big deal." Normani grumbled.

"I told you that you wouldn't have had to beat him up, ManiBear." Ally said, tucking some hair behind the other girl's ear so that she could see her face better.

"Well, he would've deserved it. Nobody trips my Angel." she mumbled that last part under her breath, but I heard her.

"Dinah, you wanted to tell us something?" Lauren prompted.

"Oh yeah! So, Siope's having another party-"

"Nope!" Ally immediately cut me off. "No, no, and more no. I am not going to another party."

"Come on, Ally, please?" I begged. "It's not even at his house this time." 

"No. I am not in the mood to get run over again."

"Just because you go to a party doesn't mean you'll get run over." Camila laughed.

"It's not funny, Mila!"

"Please?" I pouted. "It's been a month."

"Yes. A month since I got ran over."

"Ally!" Lauren cried. "You're alive. And the only thing wrong with you is that, when you get worked up, you can't control your muscles."

"And maybe I'm just a little bit traumatized?" she shouted back.

"By what?!"

"Oh, I don't know, how about being cheated on?" she yelled. "And maybe the fact that I almost died?"

"Well, you're alive now!"

"Yeah, well maybe I don't want to be alive, Lauren, did you ever think about that?" she exclaimed just as her arm moved, knocking the contents of her Gatorade bottle all over Camila. She didn't even wait to see if she could help before sprinting out the door.

Normani's POV

"I'll be right back." I told the girls before running out of the cafeteria behind Ally. "Ally?"

"Normani..." came the muffled reply.

My heart rate immediately increased when I heard how strained and distant her voice was. "Ally, where are you?"

"Help me..."

"Ally?"

"Mani..."

I raced through the hallway, turning a corner to see Ally crouched on the ground, holding her head. "Oh my God, Ally!" Her head was bleeding on the side, and a trail of her blood was left on the wall. "Wha- What happened to you?!"

"S-someone...someone came out o-of...from somewhere o-over there..." she choked out between sobs. "And h-he...slammed my head...against the wall..."

"Baby?" I whispered. "Hey, look at me." I gently tilted her head up and her eyes were flooded with fear. "Could you see who it was?"

"N-No..." I knew she was lying. 

"Okay..." I sighed. "Are you dizzy?"

"Yeah..." she sniffed.

I clicked my tongue against the roof of my mouth, trying to think of something I could do to help her. "Sit back against the wall, close your eyes, and keep you head steady, okay?" I told her, helping her complete the task.

"Is it bleeding a lot?"

I slowly removed her hand from her head, wincing at the sight. Her entire palm was stained with the red color, and it had spread to a lot of her hair. "Yeah...just stay here: I'm gonna go get some help-"

"No!" She shouted, reaching out to grab my arm. "Stay with me."

"Okay, then, I'll call somebody." I decided as I pulled out my phone. "You'll be okay, Angel." I said quietly as I pressed the phone to my ear and leaned forward to kiss the clean part of her forehead. "I promise."

A/N: Okay, so I told someone that I wasn't going to update today, but I ended up finishing the chapter even though it's really short, sorry. I've been having writer's block lately which is why the chapters aren't as good as they used to be. I have school tomorrow :-/ but you'll get another update on Friday, hopefully, I just need some ideas. As always, sorry for any mistakes, I'm really tired. Thanks so much for reading and tell me if you liked it and what you want to see in the future chapters. Please comment, vote, and byee :-) :-P O:-) ;-)

OH AND HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! :-D