Chapter 25

Draco’s POV

I couldn’t believe my ears. I wasn’t completely sure that I had heard her correctly. Did she just say that I had missed Courtney? I know that I had thought I had just seen her, but never would I have actually believed that we would be in the same place at the same time. I mean, I didn’t think that Dumbledore would send us to the same place. He probably had us on entirely different missions. It really couldn’t have been her.

“You mean Courtney Flint?” Alexandra asked. “How could we have missed her? She’s dead, isn’t she?”

“No,” I said roughly, not even looking at her. “Courtney’s alive.”

I could feel Alexandra looking at me then, surprise in her eyes, but I couldn’t bring myself to look at her. If I did, it would just confirm my suspicions from the night before that she still had feelings for me. I just kept looking at Alycia. She would give me answers.

“How is that even possible? She’s dead, Draco,” Alexandra then put her hand on my shoulder. “You’re just-“

 “No!” I yelled. “I’m not in denial. She’s alive.”

Alycia then sighed. “Courtney is as alive as you and I am, Alex. I know you don’t want to hear it, but Courtney Flint wasn’t in the Flint Manor when it was consumed in flames. She took her little sister and fled before anyone had the chance to even search for her body, assuming that it was ashes along with the house.”

Alexandra’s hand slowly slid from my shoulder. “I see.”

“So, how is it that I missed her?” I asked, my hand wrapping tightly around the time turner chain in my hand. “Why would she just be leaving as soon as I got here.”

“Because we scared her off,” Alexandra said in a hushed tone.

Alycia nodded. “They thought you were deatheaters and took off before you could see them. I’m sorry, Draco. I didn’t have the chance to tell them that it would be alright.”

I nodded. “It’s perfectly fine,” I looked down at the time turner in my hand.

“Courtney dropped that on her way out,” Alycia told me. “It’s part of her mission that Dumbledore gave her. Speaking of missions given by Dumbledore, have you figured yours out yet?”

I shook my head. “No.”

“Well, it partly has to do with that time turner in your hands. Just one  more turn and it’ll take you to what Dumbledore wants you and Courtney to see.”

I looked up at Alycia. “What does he want us to see?”

“A cycle must be stopped. That’s the most I’m allowed to say. Sorry,” she shrugged. “The only piece of advice that I’m going to give you now is for you find Courtney and together let the memories unfold.”

I nodded and turned to Alexandra, who was looking down at her feet. “Alexandra,” I started but I never got to finish that though.

“Um, another piece of advice would for you to be to hid right now,” Alycia’s voice cracked as she started pushing me and Alexandra towards to closet door. “Don’t come out for anything, even if these people are going to hurt me. You can’t fail this mission, Draco.”

“But what if they are going to hurt you?”I asked, holding the door open as she tried to close it.

“I’m a psychic. I know I’m going to pull through whatever is coming my way, so just stay out of it, okay?” and with that she slammed the door shut, leaving Alexandra and I in darkness.

Next thing I knew, there was a huge crash, and Alexandra grabbed tightly onto me. We heard some voices, but one stood out greater than any of them: the voice of my father. I couldn’t believe that he was there. On business no doubt. Nonetheless, I held onto Alexandra and kept myself from coming out of that closet.

“Alycia Torrez,” he said. “It sure is lovely to make your acquaintance yet again.”

“Not so lovely for me, Lucious,” she snapped back. “I’m sorry your life is just so terrible but you really don’t need to take it out on me again do you? I mean, I know you drink to keep the pain away that you have lost yourself, your wife, and now your son all because you chose to get into a business you can’t handle.”

Lucious chuckled. “You do know me well, Alycia. Now, tell me why I’m here.”

“That’s easy. Voldemort wants me for his plans because I’m the closest and best psychic around England.”

“That would be correct,” my father said. “Now, are you going to come quietly?”

She sighed. “Might as well, you’re going to use force on me if I say now. Might as well take the easy way out.”

“That’s right. Let’s go everyone.”

After a few moments of silence, I couldn’t be in that closet anymore, and Alexandra couldn’t be either. She let go of me quickly. Once I had the door open, she sprinted for the door. I ran after her because I didn’t understand why she would be in such a rush.

“Leave me be, Draco. I’ve done the job I’ve come for,” she yelled as she contined down the stairs and into the street.

“But Alexandra, I was about to propose another job venture for you,” I called after her as I continued to follow her.

She laughed. “Sorry, but I’m going to have to decline,” and she turned into an alley.

I caught up to her and grabbed her arm. “What’s wrong?”

“What do you want, Draco?” she sound angry.

“I thought we were friends?”

She shrugged. “What do you need me for, huh? Just tell me so I can decline it and be on my way.”

“Why are you angry with me? What did I do?” I didn’t understand in the slightest. I had done nothing to her in the time that we had been together the past night and day. What was wrong?

She shook her head. “You did nothing, Draco.”

“So, you’ll help me find Courtney?”

There was a slight pause. “How did I know that was going to be the great job venture?”

“What do you mean?” 

She tried to slip out of my grip, but I wouldn’t allow it. I know that I had done nothing, so I don’t see why she would deny this offer. I knew she needed the money. That was the whole reason behind why she accepted the job in the first place, at least that’s what it said in the reply letter back to me.

“No. That’s what I mean.”

“What if I offer you twice the amount from the last job?” I was really desperate. I need her, and she knew I did. I bet she was still surprised that Courtney was alive. That had to be the whole reason behind it.

She stopped trying to claw my hand off of her and looked up into my eyes. “You’re so lucky that I need the money.”

“So the answer’s yes?”

She nodded. “Don’t make me regret it.”

I couldn’t help but scoop her up in a hug. I mean, she was about to help me find Courtney. I couldn’t have been more happier in that moment. She didn’t hug me back though, just stood there and let me hug her.

“You won’t,” I said and let her go. “Let’s get back to our room then.”  

Sorry for the long wait! But I sure do hope this was worth the wait. It really is one of the longest chapters. 1,246 words. That's three and a half pages on word! Well, I'll let you carry on. Don't forget to rate and message! I really need to know if you guys think this is still moving in a good direction. You guys really are  the best! Also, this is just a chapter closer the last book in the series: Keeping a Promise! love you guys, Courtney.