Chapter 37

I just looked at Francis. It was not something that I had expected him to tell me right after I had just told him something very personal from my life. Or was it his life? It seemed almost entirely the same. But I shook that out of my mind. It couldn’t be the same love cycle as my own. I know that Draco and I are meant to be. Nothing could change that. Francis was wrong in this case. It just had to be another cycle that Dumbledore had wanted me to stop.

“Does that make any difference?” Gavin asked. “Listen, what else do you need to know about what’s going on now? In order to finish your mission? We don’t have long before we have to finish our own mission.”

I tilted my head at him. “Your mission?”

“Like we said before, there is a war about to happen,” Francis answered. “We’re apart of this secret organization.”

Gavin nodded. “In order for us to take down the most evil wizard that has yet to surface to the world.”

“What is this wizard’s name?” I asked, partially not wanting to hear the answer.

Francis swallowed hard. “Victor.”

“It’s not a real scary name, but it does strike fear into the hearts of people from this century.”

I sighed. “Why is he the most evil wizard to have surfaced so far?” I asked, looking from one twin to another. “What makes him more evil than any other?”

Gavin looked down at the ground. “He’s definitely not the first to murder, but he’s definitely the first to actually inflict pain on another wizard in order to get what he wants.”

“It’s not a spell that has been invented yet,” Francis shook his head. “It’s not a spell that anyone should be even thinking up. It’s immoral and no wizard should wish this pain on anyone, no matter how much he thinks the other deserves it.”

“Francis is the only one who was unfortunate enough to actually feel exactly what this wizard has been up to,” Gavin looked over to his brother with pain in his eyes. “He was captured recently and was tortured. It’s a wonder his soul isn’t entirely broken.”

Francis shook his head. “It had a funny name. I think it started with a c.”

“This spell should be unforgivable. It’s definitely one that the king should behead someone for, you know?”

Unforgivable? Could this be the century that one of the unforgivable curses was invented? It couldn’t be. Could it?

“The cruciatus curse?” I asked in barely a whisper.

The both looked up, and Francis slowly nodded. “This man should no longer be allowed to live the way that he treats people. All he wants is to rule the world. To have everyone cower in fear as he just parades around doing what he wants. It’s not right, and our organization will succeed in taking his life away,” he paused, defeated. “We just have to.”

“Take me with you on your mission,” I told them. “I have a feeling that this will help with mine. Our lives seem to be the same but different in a way. You see, we have an evil wizard and my future is currently in the middle of a war. I’m currently on the run right now in hopes that he or his Death Eaters don’t find me. I’m considered a blood traitor. All Voldemort wants is to be able to rid the world of all half blood and muggle born wizards and witches. My family is currently in his ranks, but I was the only one to run away. Plus, I’m in love with his right hand man’s son so it’s only a matter of time before he does find me in order to punish him. So, please take me with you.”

Francis nodded. “Of course you’re coming with us. There was not going to be another option.”

“Daniel Mason,” Gavin paused and looked me straight in the eyes, “is the right hand man’s son in this situation as well. He’s also our mission.”

I nodded. There was so many similarities…but it couldn’t be true. I was not about to stop my own love cycle. I knew I wasn’t going to like the outcome of a love cycle, so it couldn’t possibly be mine. I just couldn’t bare it if it really was a mission about myself and Draco.

“Where is he going?” Gavin asked as we watched Daniel Mason go into a pub after we had been tailing him for almost two hours. “Do you think he’s meeting another follower here?”

Francis shrugged. “There’s only one way to find out.”

He then followed Daniel into the pub. Gavin and I looked at each other before following him as well. What we found was Daniel with his hand to Francis’ throat and he pushed up against the wall. The look on Daniel’s face was not pleasant.

“Why are you following me, Francis Warren?” He asked him just as Francis’ eyes landed on me.

Daniel turned and saw me. He at one dropped Francis without taking his eyes off me before just walking out of the pub all together. Gavin ran over to the fallen over Francis while I just stared after the door. It was too much. That was easily Draco, but if it was Draco, he wouldn’t have just walked out. He would’ve dragged out with him in order to question me. That wasn’t Draco, but it sure felt like it because as he slammed the door, my heart felt like it tore in two all over again.

“What was that about?” I asked once I was able to peel my eyes away from the door. “He just walked out as soon as he saw me.”

Francis shook his head. “I have no idea. Something must’ve changed in order for him to just walk out. The last time he ran into Cecily that I saw, he either protected her from the danger or took her from it. That wasn’t him.”

“Unless You-Know-Who threatened to kill her if he had any more contact with her,” Gavin spoke what we were all thinking.

“I have an idea,” Francis said, heading for the door.

I chased after him. “What kind of idea?”

“We should just go straight to the person who would know exactly what Daniel Mason is thinking.”

I shook my head. “She might not even know. I mean, Draco kept a lot of things from me, especially all the horrible stuff the Dark Lord would say about me. I’m sure he threatened to murder me a dozen times just to keep Draco loyal.”

He nodded. “You have a point,” he said before grabbing a lonely broom at the corner of the pub and throwing me on it.