Chapter 31

"What are you doing here?" Helena asked the man without even looking behind us.

The was a laugh. "It's my job to keep an eye on you, Helena."

She tensed up, which made her shove her wand even more into my temple. "We are just partners. You are not my babysitter."

"But I also told you not to do this," the guy sighed, starting to sound familar. "He is very angry that you're straying from your duty and taking your own intiative."

She shook her head. "I am also doing my duty, ass."

"Doesn't look like it, especially not from this angle."

"Jade," my dad stood up from the table. "Please let my daughter-" he paused and looked quickly down at his plate. "I mean, Courtney go. She didn't do anything to you. She's an innocent bystander. Why don't you sit down and have a little dinner with us? We can talk this out."

"You don't consider me your daughter?" she sounded like she was going to choke up. Just like all her dreams were coming to a crushing end.

"Helena," I said, feeling the wand being taken away from my head. "You're definately not missing out on anything." I said angrily, looking stright at my father as I said my next thought. "He's not a good father. At all."

My father looked back down at his plate before sitting down. My mother just shook her head as she looked away from him. It finally looked as though she was completely through with him but was stuck. I used to idolized my mother. I thought she was the best person in the world when she left him. Both of our lives were lies. Even Marcus' and Adeline's lives were complete and total lies. He was emotionally abusive, especially towards Marcus. Our lives were not good in that house. I hate that she went back to it, especially because she completely lost my respect.

"At least he claims you," Helena said before shoving the wand back into my head, "which is why-"

"You're not going to do anything," the guy that was still behind us. "I'm taking you and her out of here. It's not right what you're doing, Helena. Going behind our Lord's back like this? Ruining your mission? You do know that if she ends up dead here, its your funeral."

My mom snapped her head up. "If she ends up dead? Why is she so important to the Dark Lord?"

Helena started to laugh. "You don't know, Beverly? I'm sure you were the first one that she told." My mum just looked more confused, so she continued. "She's in love with Draco Malfoy."

"Helena," the guy behind us said, sounding a little impatient. "Let's go. Now."

She completely ignored her. "And Draco is in love with her."

"Why have I never heard of this before?" My dad looked angrily between my mother and me. "You know, Courtney, the Dark Lord wanted you to be on his side. He would've given you everything you wanted. He wanted you and Draco to be married, to be the next in line after him."

I rolled my eyes. "He would've never given me anything I wanted. I would be just like mum and have to live in fear my whole life wondering if I would be killed or my husband or any kids that we would have."

"Are you saying you'd rather live without your family or the guy you're in love?" he asked, looking rather hurt.

I nodded. "If that means I can help taking down the Dark Lord, then that's the sacrifrice I have to make. I have a job to do, dad, and if you can't understand that, then you can go to-"

"Shut up!" Helena yelled. "This little get together is not about you, Courtney. This is about me. Me and that fact that my deadbeat father can't own up to the fact that he cheated and had a daughter."

I laughed. "You mean, our deadbeat father?"

There was a pause. "That doesn't change the fact that you are more special in his eyes!"

I shook my head. "I'm definatly not special, especially to my father. I'm just a bargining chip to him," I then sighed, "which is what it seems like all I am now days."

"In this war, that's all you are," said the guy behind us. He sounded relly familiar.

I felt it was the time to start fighting back. I wasn't getting anywhere trying to talk her into letting me go. So, I gently moved my arm behind me trying so that way she could've have felt me, but she moved my hand back to my side. She was clever. No wonder she was my sister.

"That is a bullshit move," she chuckled. "You will not-"

I took my arm and smacked her wand hand away from me. Her wand dropped to the floor and rolled away under the table. I smiled in triumph but that quickly went away. I realized that she still had her hold on me, and I didn't think of my next move. I went to move from her, but I realized that she has a bit of strength. I took my free and and turned around and punched her in the face. She fell over, and I could finally see who was standing behind me.

"Blaise?" I asked, completley surprised, before I was tackled to the ground.

A/N: Hello! I'm sorry about another long wait, but I have been busy. Then I just wasn't feeling this story for a little while. Sorry for neglecting this story and you guys. You guys, my fans, are the only reason why this story is such a huge hit. I really do love you guys for making that happen. I just hope it was worth the wait! Let me know! :D