Chapter 30

"Sissy?" I questioned looking at Helena. "Why would she call you my 'sissy'?"

She turned to face me with a slight grin on her face. "That's not important right now, but what is important is what you're here for. I'm going to use you as bait to get what I want out of someone in particular. You, dear Courtney, are more important than you realize."

"You are more important than you realize."

It must've been a coincidence that she said the same exact words that Dumbledore told me last year. She couldn't have possibly known of my connection to Dumbledore, but then again she did know about the cycle that I had to stop. Was it possible that she has been spying on me and for quite some time? The thought just majorly crept me out.

"So," I said, trying to piece together what she was telling me, "You're trying to manipulate You-Know-Who into getting what you want? Don't you think that's kinda-"

"Stupid?" she laughed. "That would be the most idiotic thing that I could possibly do. There is more than one reason why you would be important to me, Court. In fact, we're going to drop in while their dining. I'm sure you'll be more than happy to see them."

I shook my head. "I won't be happy to see anyone unless you let me go right now. We both have jobs to do, I'm sure you understand."

I took a brave step towards her. She shook her head and giggled as if I was a child trying to tempt her. I desperately wished that I had my wand on me. If so, I couldn't made light work of her...or at least tried to. My heart started to jump in my chest as I thought of my next move. I looked down to her pocket and saw that she had two wands. One of them had to be mine.

"Understand this, Court," Helena took a step towards me, "You are going to go with me whether you like it or not. We can do this the easy," she then tapped her pocket with the wands, "or we can do it the hard way. Your choice."

I swallowed hard as she took another step. She was close enough to touch or to punch for that instance. She took another step forward and that's when I let it rip. My fist collided with the side of her head. She backed up just a little, surprised that I had hit her like that. I have to admit that I was a little surprised at myself. I didn't expect me to hit her so perfectly. I dived for the wands, but she was too fast. In one swift move, she had me in a head lock and my hand tucked behind my back, insuring that I wouldn't be able to pull another fast one on her.  I then felt a tight sensation before finding myself standing in a foyer that I didn't recognize at all.

"This way," she pulled me through a doorway, which lead to a kitchen.

"What happened to the old one?" I asked, looking at all the green that everything seemed to be swimming in.

She shrugged. "A fire. A fire that everyone thought killed both of their daughters."

We then turned and found ourselves in a dining room, which had a family dining in it. When I gave a second look, I saw that it wasn't just any family. It was my family. My dad was sitting at the had of the table like he always did. My mum was sitting on his right hand side. The only thing missing was Marcus, Alex, and Sophie sitting on dad's left, and Adeline and me sitting close to mom. Tears pricked my eyes as my mum covered her mouth with her hands and began to cry.

"Courtney!" dad stood up. "Helena, what is the meaning of this? Let my daughter go this instant!"

I shook my head. "Why do you care anyway?"

"Shut it," Helena said, talking to me. "Michael, this is your chance to redeem yourself from all those years of neglect. This is your chance to be a better father than you ever thought you could be."