Chapter 5

A/N: Hello there, lovelies. Sorry for the long wait on this chapter…I needed to find the inspiration to actually write this chapter…I’m excited for the rest of them, but I don’t particularly like this chapter…I didn’t want to do it, but it had to be done. You all are what inspired me to finish it…and so I can get to the other chapters faster!

So, there are three characters being introduced in this chapter. None of them actually belong to me, I didn’t create them. They were made by lovely contest winners!

Lila Selwyn belongs to VivaLaPotter for wining first place in the One-shot competition.

Micah Xanders (pronounced Zanders) belongs to MeTheDumbBlonde for co-winning second place in the One-shot competition.

Mitch Xanders belongs to fallingsky for co winning second place in the One-shot competition.

I hope you like this update because Draco is going to be really messed up in this story…more messed up than you thought he was going to be. Just a warning…

"For every beauty there is an eye somewhere to see it. For every truth there is an ear somewhere to hear it. For every love there is a heart somewhere to receive it."
Ivan Panin

Draco’s POV

All she had wanted was the best from me. She was the only person that truly believed that I could do anything. I kept telling her that she was wrong, but her faith in me never wavered. What would she do if she knew that I didn’t have the confidence to stand up to my father? To stand up to Vold- You-Know-Who? How could she see the better part of me when I couldn’t see it?

You’re the boy who didn’t have a choice…

All Courtney does is love me and believe in me. Why can’t I be the man that I see in her eyes? The man that she believes me to be? I want to, I really do, but I’m not sure that I can. She puts me on as someone that I could never be…that is my tragic flaw. All that was on my mind as I paced my room in anticipation was how she would react when she saw me. Aunt Bellatrix told me that she was supposed to show up at the meeting, but that could only mean one thing…that she was also being forced into a marriage…and I didn’t want her to be. I didn’t want her near my business. Most of all, I didn’t want her to see me at my lowest.

She was the only person that I didn’t want to see me being the weak man that I am. It was something that I never thought I would have; a real, true, honest and beautiful love. A love that I never thought could be torn apart, but with both of our futures looking bleaks, were we really? I could see that we were meant to be…but are we meant to be forever?

I hoped with all of my heart that we were.

“Draco, honey,” came my mum’s voice from the doorway. “You have some guests. Your father asks that you four stay in here while the meeting is going on downstairs. Hopefully,” she said, her eyes glistening at me, “there will not be a fifth guest.”

I grimaced at her before she stepped aside and revealed a very beautiful girl with dark hair and two very similar guys with even darker hair. The girl smiled at me as my mother closed the door behind them. The guys, who paid me no mind, both settled in. One on the bed, and the other on the arm chair. I sat down on the window cushion before turning towards the window behind me. Courtney’s house was in plain view. I know that it’s not normal for a teenage boy to gaze down the hill at the mansion of a girl, but I had found it somewhat comforting, especially before we got together, but on that night, it wasn’t comforting. She was down in that house; either that or she was on her way out to come here, forced to by her father.