Chapter 27

Astoria was the one to move and answer the door. Kam was just looking at me like she was hurt. I felt just horrible. That Helena, or Jade, girl made it seem like I had known more about this mission than I had lead on. Kam was my best friend; I had never not told her anything, so I could understand that she felt completely left out.

"What do you want, Fred?" Astoria asked after opening the door.

He shrugged. "Oh, I dunno. I just thought I was apart of this group, you know? I thought we were a team. So, I don't completely understand why I'm being shut out. I think I deserve to know as much as you and Kam do."

"You just came along by accident though," Kam turned towards Fred. "You grabbed onto Astoria. You were never meant to come with us. It was just supposed to be the three of us. No one else-"

"Kamrynn!" I yelled, standing up. I couldn't believe my ears. "Fred saved us tonight. He is as much apart of this team as you are. He has a right to know what I know. You and Astoria deserve to know what I know. Now," I pointed to the bed, "Sit down and shut your mouth."

Fred and Astoria went over to the bed instantly. Kam just stood there, staring at me. I took a deep breath and turned to the bed. I couldn't handle her being so hurt. Even thought it wasn't my fault, I felt like I was. I wish I had time to tell them everything before those Death Eaters found out.

"Look guys," I started, which made Kam move over to the bed, "I just found out tonight before those Death Eaters showed up that I was supposed to stop a love cycle."

"A love cycle?" Astoria questioned. "That doesn't make sense. If Dumbledore gave you a mission to stop a cycle, it should be the cycle of evil wizards."

"Yeah," agreed Fred. "Our mission should be to take down every evil wizard that wants to take over the world. A cycle that should've been ended a long time ago." He then laughed.

Astoria glared at him. "I'm serious. It would make more sense during this war that we were trying to find a way to bring down," she paused, "You-Know-Who once and for all."

"It does make more sense," Kam agreed.

I nodded. "I figured that was the mission as well, but Alycia assured me that it was a love cycle that I had to undo."

"So," Astoria thought outloud, "Helena said in the shop that you weren't going to stop this cycle, that Draco was going to die just like he was meant to."

I nodded. "I know she said that," I rubbed my cheek, "but I dunno if that is true. I dunno if that is part of this love cycle," I paused. "At least I sure hope it isn't."

"You didn't find out everything that you needed to know from Alycia?" Fred looked confused. "I figured that you would. I mean, that is why we went to see her."

I shrugged. "She told me she couldn't tell me everything, that I needed to figure this out on my own, but without the time turner, I can't."

"It had everything on it," Kam half smiled at me. "Didn't it?"

I slowly nodded. "That's what Alycia said, and now," I slid down the wall behind me and sat on the floor, "I don't have anything. I'm going to fail this mission."

"No," Astoria got off the bed and sat down beside me. "You're not. We'll make sure you won't. I mean, what if what Helena said was true?"

Kam then sat on my other side. "We can't let you down, or Draco for that matter. We can't let you two be separated forever. You two are meant to be, Court, and we can't just let that go without a fight."

I pulled my necklace with my ring on it out of my shirt. "I miss him."

That was an understatement. I needed him. My body literally hurt for him, and I really needed him in my arms at that point. I mean, if what this woman was saying was true, then I wanted to spend every moment with him that I could. There was every chance that I could fail this mission. That I could fail Dumbledore. That I could fail Alycia. That I could fail Kam and Astoria. But most of all, that I would fail Draco. I needed to find that time turner.