6 Sucky Parents

"Look, it's not my fault that we have crappy parents who couldn't care less if I was alive or dead-"

"You know that's not true Lia." Liam cut me off.

"Oh don't lie Liam. You know what I just said was the complete truth. I know you want to protect both sides of the argument, but I am not going to change my view on those people I have to call my parents. They've fucked up one too many times now, and I will not forgive them." I said sternly as he parked the van up in our driveway. The unfamiliar red car sat outside of our house and I felt dread settle in my stomach. 

"I can see where you are coming from, but at least be civil for the time being. I know you don't like them, but please don't make this any more difficult than it already will be." Josh gave me a side hug as we got out of the car. He didn't let go of me as he pulled my reluctant form towards our house, obviously sensing my desire to escape and run away again. I didn't answer him. Liam and Leo walked into the house first, followed by Nick, which left Josh and I standing in front of the house. He sighed and pulled my arm gently. I stayed silent as I walked in through the front door. The first thing I noticed that was different was the smell of the house. It was the smell of my mothers perfume, and I instantly felt physically sick to my stomach smelling that strong scent again. She never changed it, for as long as I can remember. The next thing I noticed were large, unfamiliar coats hanging up in our entryway. Obviously belonging to my 'parents'. I had an idea for a prank for the coats, and that thought gave me a slight smile, as did my plan for my mothers perfume. I snickered quietly at the thought of everyone's faces when they saw what I had done. Josh looked at me strangely but didn't say anything as he again took my hand and pulled me through the house to the living room where everyone would be seated right now. I hesitated as we got to the door and let Josh go in first. My brothers went through the trouble of getting me here, and I wasn't going to back out now. I took a couple of deep breaths as I listened to my parents conversing freely with my brothers before I stepped into the room and looked up to my creators. I gave them a sickly sweet smile and sat next to Josh on the sofa opposite them. All conversations ceased as I sat down and everyone looked at me, as if anticipating for my next move.

"Alright Melanie? Christopher." I nodded in their directions as I addressed them by their full first names. They both glared at me and I smirked back at them.

"Hello, Lisa was it?" Chris asked with a slight tilt of his head. I gave a humorless laugh at that.

"Oh wow. Honestly, I didn't expect anything less of you, but you might have made the effort to actually remember your only daughters name." I scoffed as he shrugged, uncaring. I looked on to my mother who hadn't said anything yet, not that I expected her to, but it would be nice if she paid any attention to me. She gave me a once over before continuing her conversation with James who was now slightly on edge due to my arrival. Liam and Leo sat next to each other on the floor and had a conversation with Chris as Nick joined in with both conversations going on every now and then. Josh wanted to join them, I could tell, so I stood up and left the room without uttering a sound. 

I flopped down on my bed after locking my door and I pulled out my phone. I found Zara's contact and texted her how much of a traitor she was for leaving me with my brothers and my awful parents. She sent back a sorry and a winky face, letting me know that I wasn't the only one stuck with their family, but her family paid positive attention to her, so she really didn't understand how much of a big deal this was for me. Don't get me wrong, she was an amazing friend who tried to understand, only she wouldn't know what it was like to be me. I sent her back a goodnight message before moving onto my new found friend. I quickly texted Danny 'Hey' and waited for a reply which didn't take too long considering he was in the same position as me right now; locked in his room, bored and kinda lonely, until we texted each other. Our conversation was definitely not a normal one, but that was what made it so funny, unique and amazing. He was a great person and he was going to be a great friend. We arranged to meet up the next day in the small cafe I ended up running to earlier that day. It was nice to be able to arrange to do something with someone who wasn't Zara or one of my idiotic brothers. 

Soon enough he had to go, but he reminded me of the little 'date' happening the next day. Could I really class it as a date? A hangout session? I don't know, but I was excited to see him again so soon, and with that thought planted in my head, I fell asleep with a large smile on my face, thinking of all the possible opportunities tomorrow may bring whilst listening to the deep voices of my family downstairs.