15 First Day and Full-house Prank War

"WAKE UP!"

"Fuck off."

"Get out of bed."

"No."

"I'll get all the boys."

"To do what?"

"Anything I tell them to."

"Screw you." I mumbled into my duvet as I pulled myself from the warmth of my bed to my wardrobe which held my school uniform. It was the first day back at school after a week's holiday, and I was not prepared to say the least. Not mentally any way. I picked up my phone as it vibrated on my bedside table. It was Zara.

Kill me.

Sorry, can't, then I'll be alone and I'm not ready for that yet.

Ugh...

See you at school boo x

I also noticed that I had a text from Danny.

Did you ever notice that I was in your school? x

Honestly no, I'm sorry! x

Well, I'm in your school! We can check our timetables later to see if we have lessons together, because honestly, I didn't notice you either... x I laughed at that.

Oh well. I'll meet you round D block then? x

Okay, babe. See you in a bit x

I smiled at the texts and continued getting ready, deciding on my black skirt and tights today with my usual white blouse with black tie and blazer. I pulled on my black wedge converse and tied my hair into a mermaid braid down my back. I grabbed my backpack and trundled down the stairs, picking up a slice of toast that was left by the toaster. I quickly ate that before brushing my teeth and doing my make-up. I swiped the eyeliner pencil across my waterline before making a flick with it coming from my top lid. I then dabbed a dark shade of purple across my lips. I coated my lashes in a thick layer of black mascara, then I was downstairs waiting for my brothers who apparently took longer to get ready than me. I looked at the time on my phone to see it just turning half past eight.

"Guys! Hurry up, we're gonna be late!" I yelled up the stairs as I played on colour switch on the family ipad. Speaking of family, my parents walked into the living room, completely ignoring my existence and turning the T.V on as they sipped from their mugs of steaming coffee. I sighed quietly and shouted for the boys again.

"Shh, we're trying to watch something and your annoying voice is interrupting it." Mel told me, still keeping her eyes glued to the box in front of her.

"Oh, I'm sorry. Am I bothering you right now?" I asked sarcastically, I scoffed and went back to my game.

"Yes, now be quiet." Chris piped up.

"Oh, come the fuck on." They both looked at me in shock. "I've always been a bother to you guys, and I have never, not once, ever done anything wrong to make you hate me the way you do. Tell me, are you that disgusted by your own daughter, that you would rather have me not exist?" I asked in disbelief. Mel looked down into her mug as Chris continued staring at me. I glared at him. "Well? What do you have to say for yourselves?" Mel looked back up at me, her face emotionless.

"I'm not disgusted by your existence, but your attitude towards us." I let out a breath of sardonic laughter.

"Really? Why do you think my attitude is the way it is towards you?"

"Honestly, I don't know, but you need to stop it right this instant."

"Ha, look who's giving me orders! You really think that I'm going to listen to anything you have to say?" Chris was about to jump into the conversation, but I beat him to it. "I have a question for you, who has been there for me all the time I was growing up?" I leaned back in the armchair and waited for a response.